Chapter 26 - A Pink Pacifier

Just as I look up at the clear blue sky, I get some sort of feeling in my gut

It's not a bad feeling but it's a weird one.

I stop walking when I suddenly see the woman from the grocery store from that one time. She walks past me with a stroller and a pink pacifier falls out onto the ground. I pick it up immediately walking toward her.

"Excuse me." I catch up to her causing her to stop walking.

When she looks at me her face drops just like in the grocery store. I only offer her a small smile as I hand her the pacifier.

"You dropped this."

She looks down at my hand and then instantly grabs it. I can tell how nervous she has suddenly become. Her hand is a bit shaky as she places the pacifier in the cup holder.

"Thank you." She almost says out of breath.

I only get a small glance at the little baby girl in the stroller as she quickly walks away. I don't understand why she has seemed so scared being near me the two times I've seen her.

__

I stand up to make myself my fifth cup of coffee today.

It's starting to become an addiction of mine recently. All I have been doing is randomly killing people, working on looking for Marcello, and drinking a shit ton of coffee.

It's surprising that I'm still able to fall asleep. The caffeine isn't doing much for me anymore and I'm not sure if that's really a good thing.

I'm taking a sip of my coffee just as I'm sitting back down on my couch when my cellphone rings from the coffee table.

I immediately grab it when seeing that it is an unknown number. I open it to see a message that makes my heart drop as soon as I read what it says.

The strange woman and the baby from earlier come to my mind immediately

I don't realize my mug fell out of my hand until it shatters on the ground with the coffee splattering everywhere and I flinch.