[Chapter Thirty-Seven]: Our Parents

"Everyone!" Y/N and Walker suddenly heard Mandalay's voice in their head. Her Quirk, after all, allowed her to telepathically communicate to multiple people at a time. "We're being attacked by two villains!" Their eyes widened after hearing that. "It's possible that there are more! Everyone who can move, get back to camp immediately! Even if you come across the enemy, retreat and do not engage!"

"Wasn't this place meant to be a secret?" Walker asked Y/N once a moment of silence had passed, telling them she had nothing more to say. 

"It was, but..." Y/N stopped speaking once he realised something. 

"...the current evidence we have points towards a traitor." Principal Nezu's words rang in his head like a bell. 

"We need to get back to camp," Y/N stated, his legs shaking a bit as it dawned on him why the villains were here. 

"That much is obvious," Walker replied before looking back at the path they came from. "Well, we're a bit far away from that clearing, but we can retrace our steps."

"Fine with me, I don't even know the way back to camp," Reflection stated.

Y/N sighed, "It's a good idea to me." 

However, just as they had started to retrace the steps along the path to get to the clearing, Walker paused, "Wait." 

"Huh?"

"Our classmates," he suddenly said, a bit of panic evident in his voice. "The ones who went before us down the path!" 

Y/N, after stopping, gasped, "And Class B too!"

"You're thinking along the same lines as me," Walker continued. "This whole situation, it was clearly orchestrated beforehand. I doubt they would just send two villains when there are six pro heroes on the site. In fact—" He looked ahead at the black smoke now visible in the air, and Y/N, following his line of sight, stared as well.

"Mandalay's back at the clearing," Y/N pointed out, and Walker nodded.

"This fire was started recently and it's nowhere near the clearing," Walker said. "I doubt the villain who started the fire had enough time to make their way over to the clearing, which means—"

"There's definitely more than two villains!" Y/N finished, slamming his fist on his other hand's palm. "Our classmates must be in danger!" 

"We're continuing along this path," Walker said at once. "There are other villains ahead, meaning some of our class and Class B may very well be in danger."

"I do not think this is the best of ideas," Hansha's voice came in. "Did you not learn your lesson from Hosu? The more you try and engage with villains, the more danger you put yourself in. You were lucky enough to be saved by pro heroes that time, but the pro heroes here must be busy with other villains!"

"Walker, I don't know about this," Y/N began. "Mandalay, and I guess the other pro heroes, know better than we do; they're far more experienced than us with these situations."

"Really? With how far out we are, we're probably going to be ambushed by villains if we try and make it back to camp!" Walker retorted, which Y/N admitted had some logic to it. "What if people die?"

"We could join them," Y/N shot back. "The pro heroes here and our teachers are all preoccupied with villains, I doubt they'd be able to help us anytime soon!"

"And by that logic, our classmates in danger won't get any help!" Walker replied. "Y/N, if you aren't going to come with me, then I'll go on my own."

"Walker..." Y/N muttered, unsure of what to do. On one hand, he was in the most danger with a whole target on his back, but on the other hand Walker would be safer with him there... What should he do?