[Chapter Twenty-Four]: Teen Trio Or Solo Hero?

A Few Days Ago...

"To what do I owe the pleasure of getting to see you again, Principal Nezu?" asked Overlord with his arms crossed, sitting down in the chair opposite of Nezu. They were in his office, and it was late at night, but Nezu heard no complaints from Overlord.

"I think you already know why I've called you here," Principal Nezu replied, and Overlord chuckled.

"You're right about that one," he said, and then his tone suddenly shifted to something more serious, looking down at the papers Nezu slid across the desk to him. "Y/N L/N, huh?"

"Right," said Principal Nezu. "I trust you're aware of the boy's special case?"

"Interesting power unrelated to a Quirk or whatever?" Overlord responded dully, going through the descriptions of Y/N's Quirk. "Listen, I'm not here for a long explanation of his 'NonaQuirk.' Why is it you've called me?" 

"To put it simply, I would like you to assist us in the practical exam," Nezu stated with a smile. Overlord didn't show any hints of being against this.

"And lemme guess, this goes back to Y/N," Overlord continued with a sigh. "You seem to care about the boy's safety, last I heard. But anyway, what exactly am I meant to assist you with?"

"We need you to be the pro hero working against him and his teammates," said Principal Nezu, now handing a cup of tea to the opposite side of the desk. He sipped his own cup and continued, "We'd assign another teacher, but I find you a more suitable fit for such special circumstances. For his own safety, it's convenient for him to get a better grasp of control over his power, so he can ensure that he gets his provisional license, and can properly defend himself if necessary. I trust you're aware of what Insurgence tried to do in Hosu?" he added.

"I've gained a good idea of it, yes," Overlord replied, not taking a sip of the tea as that would require taking off his mask. He didn't want to do that. "She wanted to kidnap him. Turns out she somehow escaped from Hosu when I had her wrapped up, and she left an illusion behind to make sure she could flee."

"You know this isn't going to be the only case of this happening," Nezu said darkly, sipping more tea. "Insurgence has a connection with the very same villains that attacked the USJ. We know that these people are aware of Y/N's uniqueness, and are determined to use him. I presume even Y/N is aware of it."

"I understand that, sure, but what does this have to do with me?" Overlord inquired with a questioning tone.

"Originally, All Might was meant to be the one to challenge Y/N," Nezu explained. "He volunteered for the role, and yes, he is aware of Y/N's case. However, despite the handicap we have planned to set in place for the teachers, we still fear All Might will be too much of a challenge for the students that face him. That's where we call in you; a perfect hero that can give Y/N a challenge and also be beatable. With you, it will be easier for Y/N to use his powers effectively, rather than having to face All Might in a one sided duel. In fact, I'm certain Y/N will be determined to show you his true potential, as you are his mentor."

"So, what you're saying is you want me to essentially be an obstacle for Y/N so he can use his powers more effectively instead of being wrecked by All Might?" Overlord summarised. "I see. I do think it's important for him to master his... NonaQuirk, so I'm more than ready to give him a good ol' beating and force him to go beyond his boundaries. After all, from the very start, I have been able to see his potential—"

"I think you'll find that I'm perfectly aware of the special reason why you decided to train Y/N," Principal Nezu stated with a smile. "Overlord, I understand your reluctance, but I'd advise against—"