[Chapter Five]: The USJ

"Hey, you're a first year in U.A., right?" a reporter asked Carbon as a microphone was shoved into his face. 

"Y-Yes?" Carbon nervously answered, confused on what the reporter wanted.

"What are All Might's classes like?" they asked, still shoving the microphone in his face.

"I... I... uh..." Carbon stammered. "I have to go to class! Can't be late!" He then turned in the opposite direction and ran as fast as he could to U.A., luckily not running into any more reporters. 

...

"Good work on yesterday's combat training," Mr Aizawa began when everyone had arrived in the class. "I saw the video and results. Bakugo, you're talented, so don't act like a kid."

"I know," the boy said simply, surprisingly not getting mad. 

"And Midoriya," Aizawa continued, as Midoriya proceeded to look down. "You settled it by breaking your arm again, huh?" He was looking at a stack of paper in his hands. "You can't keep saying you can't help it because you can't control your Quirk. I don't like saying the same thing over and over. As long as you fix the control issue, there's a lot you'll be able to do." Midoriya looked up, looking a bit more happy now. "Feel a sense of urgency, Midoriya."

"Yes, sir!" he replied with a determined look on his face. 

"Now let's get down to homeroom business." Carbon gulped. Whatever was coming, it surely would result in a bad punishment if you were to fail, right? "Sorry about the late notice, but today, I'll have you..." 'He's gonna say it! He's gonna say a Quirk Test!' "...decide on a class representative." 'THAT'S EVEN WORSE!'

"I want to be class rep! Pick me!" Kirishima yelled out, his arms in the air.

Other students proceeded to share that they wanted to be class rep. 'This is a volcano that's ready to erupt...' Some people had... interesting... things to say about it. *Cough Cough* Mineta *Cough Cough* Carbon looked around at the determination on most people's faces to become the class rep as they spoke to try and get chosen by Mr. Aizawa.

"Silence, please!" Iida spoke up, which silenced the class. Now all eyes were on him. "It is a job with the serious responsibility of leading others. It is not a job for just anyone who wants to do it. It is a calling that requires the trust of those around you. If we want to use democracy to decide on a true leader, then we should hold an election to choose one."

"And are you sure that you didn't just say that so you'd be chosen?" Walker asked, his chin resting on his hand. He was clearly bored and not at all interested in this. "And we haven't even known each other for that long, so how would we be able to trust each other?" 

"If that's the case, and everyone votes for themselves..." Kirishima started. 

"Don't you think that is precisely why whoever receives multiple votes here can be truly considered the most suitable person?" Iida responded, which was an argument that made sense. "What do you think, Mr. Aizawa?" 

"I don't care, as long as you decide before homeroom is over," said Mr. Aizawa, curled up in his yellow sleeping bag. He then dropped to the floor in a position that seemed like it would be comfortable. 

"Thank you very much!" Iida replied. 

After that small ordeal, everyone was given a slip of paper and a pencil to cast their votes. Carbon tapped his pencil on his desk as he tried to think of who to vote. Iida seemed like the right choice to him, since he was a responsible person who definitely had the ability to lead a class. So, he wrote down Iida's name, and hoped for the best, which was him not getting voted as class rep.