[Chapter Thirty]: The Ultimate Amplifier

The ice pillar that was made by Todoroki stopped by the next floor; Y/N and Zion jumped over the small distance with ease and landed perfectly on the steel platform with their three classmates a bit visible below. While they could have watched them with the good and high view the two had, Y/N and Zion ran across the path in hopes of finding the trail of Midoriya and the others. Surely they left some sort of clue that would show where they went?

"Right, so what the hell are we going to do if we can't find out where they went?" Zion asked curiously, looking at Y/N as they ran. 

"I'm sure Todoroki knew they went up here," Y/N replied and then pointed at another ice pillar behind them. "See that? Todoroki must have done that for all of them since it's bigger than ours, or he was just getting a bit tired. Either way, I have a feeling we're on their trail." 

Up ahead, Y/N spotted a distant door that had been destroyed, which gave him the impression that they went this way. He beckoned Zion to follow him and then ran through this broken door, his eyes darting away to try and find where they went next. ...However, like the hallway they fought Nightmare in, both sides were blocked by steel doors which they most likely were unable to open. 

Then a thought planted itself into Y/N's mind... What if this was where they went, but the villains in charge of the security blocked it right after to prevent them from following? It was definitely possible, which would be a real problem for them. Should they just find an alternate path up and hope they can reunite with Midoriya and the others...?

"Hmm, wait a minute," Zion said, who was outside the hallway and examining the walls. "Y/N, get over here!"

Y/N jogged up to him with a confused expression, "Zion, what—?"

"Take a look at that," Zion interrupted, pointing.

Y/N turned his head, and saw a ladder leading up an opened hatch on the ceiling. He gasped, "That might just be where they went!" 

"Right, but it may be a bit annoying to actually get o— OH MY GOSH!" he suddenly screamed, for Y/N had grabbed onto the boy and used his grappling hooks to swing to the ladder. They were able to land perfectly, and Y/N threw the boy up, before following soon after. 

"Heh, not a major fan of heights?" Y/N questioned with a smirk, doing everything he could to suppress his laughter.

"Never... do... that... AGAIN!" Zion shouted in annoyance, clutching his chest and shaking, inhaling and exhaling quite quickly. "At least warn me before doing that!"

"Okay, okay, fine," he laughed, but was still a bit concerned for Zion. He didn't know that Zion was afraid of heights. 

With the way forward now extremely easier, the two started their climb up the tower, running through hallways to reach upper floors, dashing up multiple stairs as their legs cried in pain. Of course, it wasn't a surprise that they were getting tired from all of this, especially after being in a dangerous fight with Nightmare.

As they ran, Y/N noticed two things. One was that the cameras seemed to have been destroyed, which he assumed was the work of Jiro with her Earphone Jack range. The other thing was that they were not encountering any of those steel shutters in the way, which did confuse Y/N. Why were they not running into a single one after being blocked countless times on lower floors?

But then Y/N realised why. Midoriya and the others were definitely led into a trap; why else would the villains using the security system leave the hallways completely empty? The only logical answer was, again, that Midoriya and the others were led into a trap. However, Y/N wasn't worried at all. If he could have figured that out, then at least Midoriya or Yaoyorozu certainly did. ...Right?