[Chapter Twenty-Eight]: Bloodshed

As Midoriya went back to the upper floor above the 'party room', Y/N waited with the others in a hallway outside. Midoriya had gone back to try his best at an attempt on informing All Might of their plan, or at least that they were going to help and resolve the situation. Well, at least that was what they were hoping to do, but Y/N knew it would be easier said than done.

A stealth mission was something none of them were very experienced with, and the success of their mission depended not on one of the stronger students of their group, but on the Quirkless clever girl who had little to no experience with hero business in general. Along with this, a single mistake would cost them everything; alerting the villains of their presence would definitely throw their whole plan out of the window. 

However, Y/N was curious about something. What were the villains after? Clearly, it couldn't be killing All Might like the League of Villains planned to do back in the USJ. If they truly were out to kill him then they wouldn't just leave him restrained on the ground, unless they had knowledge of the timer the pro hero was on. Once that timer hit zero, All Might would undoubtedly be fatally wounded at the minimum, the worst case scenario being death. It was yet another flaw in the plan, though only he and Midoriya were aware of it. 

A darker thought came to mind. There were only two possible people these villains could be after. One was the clear option; the Symbol of Peace All Might. The other? Well, it was quite simple. Him. Could he, Y/N, be the reason for the villains attacking? Whilst it would be extremely difficult for anyone to have been aware of his presence on I-Island, it didn't make it impossible. 

Y/N recalled the Hosu incident; many lives were affected with a significant amount of villains attacking around the same time. One of which, Insurgence, had been after him. He knew it was true that she was in the League of Villains and she most likely was Athos' mother, but despite that, she unwittingly caused him to be even more conscious of his NonaQuirk. 

If I am the reason why they're here...

His heart began to pump rapidly against his chest as he peered at his friends. Guilt started to surge from within him; he felt sick thinking about it. He felt like another weight had just found itself on his shoulders, like a punishment for being the sole cause of this terrorism...

Y/N then realised something. If they're after me, then that means I can be bait. I can lure all the villains to me while the others restart the security. That way, they won't have to worry about running into anyone.

He gazed at the device on his wrist and pressed a button. 

Instantaneously, upon pressing the button, his hero costume proceeded to undergo a whole transformation; a hood formed itself into his head and a mask with two holes was created; his mouth was covered by a durable, black respirator with several holes for obvious reasons; the rest of the costume underwent a whole colour change by becoming jet-black. 

For some reason, he had a suspicion Overlord requested this specifically after seeing the potential in Midoriya's hero costume, but ignored that thought for now. 

"Hmm," Zion hummed, his eyes darting up and down, examining the change of costume. "What can't your costume do?"

"Give me eternal happiness," he said darkly, and began to walk down the hallway. 

"Where are you going, Y/N?" asked Yaoyorozu. "We have to wait for—"

"I'm going to Midoriya," Y/N stated, not glancing back at her. "Please, just stay here." 

He held his breath; he hoped Midoriya would agree with his plan. 

...

"You want to... what?" Midoriya said nervously, sweating a bit. "Y/N, we don't know that they're after you..."