Slip in the pool part 2

"How're you feeling Lou?" Harry asks when Louis wakes up about an hour later.

When Louis looks up at Harry, Harry notices how hollow his eyes look.

"Not too good, hm?"

Louis moves his gaze off of Harry and sank back into the couch, closing his eyes again.

"Lou, what's the matter? Does your head still hurt?" Harry asks, pressing his hand to Louis' cheek.

"Yes..." Louis replied with a slight groan.

"How badly?" Harry worries.

"Really bad," he whispered.

"I'm starting to think we need to get you to the emergency room, baby," Harry tells Louis softly. "I'm worried about you."

Louis shifts a bit and whimpers slightly, not responding to his boyfriend.

"Okay, um, let's- let's get to the car," Harry says, trying not to panic.

When Louis doesn't move, Harry sits him up on the couch.

"Louis, can you hear me? We've got to get to the car."

Louis swallows slowly. "The car...?"

"Yeah baby, the car. We have to get you feeling better. Something isn't right," Harry explains. "Do you think you can walk with me to the car?"

Louis nods a little.

"Alright, come on." Harry takes Louis' hands and helps him off the couch.

Louis seems very shaky and is obviously unbalanced when he stumbles and leans on Harry.

"You're alright. I'll help you." Harry assures and wraps an arm around Louis' waist. He walks him to the car and lifts him into the passenger's seat.

Harry buckles Louis in and then walks to the other side of the car and buckles himself in as well before driving to the nearest emergency room.

They arrive at the emergency room shortly. Harry parks the car and rushes over to the other side to get Louis out the car.

When he opens the door, he sees how dazed he looks.

"Come on, Lou. Let's get out of the car," Harry says, grabbing his arm.

Louis looks over at him and grabs Harry's other arm so he can get out.

"Alright, come on baby." Harry walks with Louis close to him, his arm around his waist into the building.

Harry gets him inside and walks to the front desk.

"Hi, um I'm Harry and this is Louis. Um he hit his head in the pool and was unconscious so I did cpr on him and mouth to mouth. I thought he was okay because he woke up." Harry feels tears spring in his eyes. "I should've brought him in sooner. What was I thinking," Harry closed his eyes tightly as guilt rushed through him.

The lady spoke up. "You performed compressions and mouth to mouth. You saved his life. Don't be too hard on yourself, kid," she says and Harry nods.

"So I'm guessing you took him home after?" She prompts.

Harry nods. "He said his head was hurting so I told him to go to sleep and when he woke up I could tell something was wrong so I brought him here."

She types quickly on her computer and looks back up at Harry. "You see the 2 ladies in scrubs over there?" She points behind him.

Harry turns and looks. "Yeah."

"Go back there and they're going to get his vitals," she tells him.

"Okay, thank you," Harry says and turns his attention back to Louis who's leaning heavily into him, whimpering so quietly Harry almost doesn't hear it.