Tics- Harry

"Alright! I liked that but I think I'd like Harry to sing the bridge," our producer said after we finished singing What a Feeling.

The music started again and Liam began singing the first verse. When he finished, I started to sing the pre chorus.

By the time I finished, we all sang the chorus. I couldn't help but keep glancing at Harry who was standing next to Liam. I could tell he was trying not to look at me as he kept his eyes straight ahead.

I sighed. Yes, we were broken up but it didn't have to be like this. I peeled my eyes away from him and listened to Liam and Niall sing the second verse of the song.

The song was sounding pretty good until Harry's solo during the bridge of the song. He kept stuttering and honestly, he was a bit pitchy. It wasn't until I actually looked at him that I knew why.

His head kept jerking to the side repeatedly. I looked at Niall and Liam and we all realized he was having a tic attack.

Liam patted Harry's shoulder, "Maybe we should stop, yeah?"

Harry tried to shake his head but was stopped by his neck twitching again. Liam and Niall moved closer to him, trying to make sure he was alright.

He tried to finish the bridge but was cut off by a strangled noise coming from his mouth.

Niall looked at the producer, signaling for him to stop the music.

"Harry, you alright?" He asked.

"F-fi-i-ine," Harry stuttered out.

Harry continued to grunt in discomfort while his neck seemed like it wasn't going to stop twitching anytime soon.

I'm not going to lie, it hurt to see him like that. I know how much he hates his tourette's syndrome. Back when we were together, he'd always be embarrassed about it but I was always there to reassure and comfort him.

But that's in the past.

After looking at Harry for a few seconds, Liam and Niall looked at me with a look that was saying "well do something!"

"What?"

Liam walked over to me. "He wants you."

I looked at Liam with a confused expression, then at Harry, the back at Liam. "What are you talking about? No he doesn't."

"Come on Louis, you know he wants you. He always wants you whenever his tourette's is acting up."

I let out an exasperated sigh, "That was when we were together. Things are different now, you know that."

"L-l-lou."

I looked away from Liam to see Harry gasping out my name.

"I-," I started.

"I told you," Liam said.

I sighed and walked over to where Niall had his hand on Harry's back.

"I got him," I told Niall.

Niall looked at me gratefully and nodded, walking away from Harry.

I stared at him for a moment, not knowing what to do or say since I didn't know what my boundaries were.

"Lou- het- hehh mm!" Harry yelled, startling me.

"Hey... I'm here," I step in front of him so I can make eye contact with him.

His head kept ticking to the side. I also noticed as I was trying to make eye contact that he couldn't stop blinking. I could tell he was getting worked up from looking at his watery eyes.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about Harry. It's okay. I promise," I try to get the tears to stop spilling from his eyes.

"Fuck off!" He yelled as a tear fell from his eye. I wanted to be upset but I knew he really didn't mean it. He usually does say things like this when he's having a tic attack.

I hesitantly grab his hand, interlocking our fingers. "You're okay, Haz. It'll go away soon. You're doing just fine."

He continued to have his tic attack for a few more minutes but eventually calmed down.

I rubbed my thumb against his hand and looked up at him, "you think you're done now?"

He took a shaky breath, "yeah."

He looked down at our hands with widened eyes. I pulled my hand away from his.

"I'm sorry. I overstepped, I didn't-"

I was cut off by Harry lunging forward, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

It took me a second to realize what was happening before hugging him back.

I had no idea why he was hugging me, but it didn't really matter. What mattered is that even though he's my ex boyfriend, I'm still in love with him and he was in my arms.

He let go of me slowly and stared into my blue eyes.

"Louis, I-. I miss you."

"You do?" I questioned.

"And I love you."

Without thinking twice, I rushed forward and pressed my lips onto his. He immediately relaxed into it, his lips moving in sync with mine. His hands went to cup my cheeks gently as mine held onto his waist.

When our lips separated, I whisper to him as if I'm letting him in on the biggest secret, "I love you too."

"Yeah?" He asked.

A smile crept on my lips. "Yeah."

A/N- Another one, finallyyy. Sorry for taking so long but as you know, I'm writing another story so this one is kinda on the side. I'll try to update when I can though.

~ Lav 💚