In goodbye there's good

Positioning yourself to shoot the arrow your legs spread lightly, finding a hard grip on the ground. You hold the bow up and stretch the bowstring backwards towards to beneath your face.

"Looks good already, princess. But..." Hailee joins your position, pressing her hot body lightly onto your back. One of her hands finds your waist and repositions it a little, while her other hand is putting your elbow a little higher. "...this looks perfect." She whispers onto your ear.

Her warm breath hitting your skin causes your body to tense up and your hand loses the grip on the bowstring, shooting the arrow straight away to nowhere.

Shocked by the action you drop the bow and turn to face Hailee to check what her facial expression is saying on that accidental shoot.

A grin decorates her face. "Not the best spot to meet with an arrow, but the shoot was good for your first one." She giggles, giving you a proud look.

Taking a breath in relief you manage to finally check the spot your arrow landed in.

"Oh fuck!" Your eyes widen as you realize that your arrow hit a mirror. "How are you happy about that?!" You ask Hailee in disbelieve, throwing your hands onto your head.

"It's not that bad." She starts to walk towards the destroyed mirror. "As if that was the only mirror existing." She now plays it cool.

"Oh what in the world has been going on in here?" Somebody's shocked voice enters the silent stare of yours onto the mirror, or whatever is left over.

Turning around you gladly just meet Flo's stare in disbelieve.

"Uhm, uh-"

"I was practicing archery. Clearly I shouldn't do that for real." Hailee throws herself metaphorically in front of you.

"I've definitely seen you in a better phase." Florence buys the told lie.

"Yeah, however, I'll replace that one." The brunette that just saved your ass again shruggs her shoulders.

And therewith this accident is past.

Clapping his hands as he did not since a very long time, Jonathan turns to face the three of you in his room.

"Alright guys, lets get this all finished." He gestures wild through the whole room with his arms.

"We've had a great time and we're gonna create an even more great ending of it!" Jonathan puts his head back into his neck, flying in his imaginations.

"And there's for sure nothing to do about it?" Florence asks, looking at Hailee and you and then back to Jonathan.

"Marvel Studios has bigger upcoming projects to focus on." He shruggs his shoulders. "Our project went well, it was great, people loved Hawkeye and they forever will love it, but now we need to make some space for the new ones." He then explains.

There's some depressing silence going on.

"Oh kids don't give me those sad faces, you're gonna have a big part in those new projects! Your the Avengers next generation." Jonathan cuts of this silence after a while.

"We're happy we are." You say.

"But nothing can compare to the whole ongoing story of Hawkeye." Florence joins you.

"I am sure Kate, Yelena and maybe Y/c/n as well, will find their own ongoing story in whatever other movie they're on. The Hawkeye legend is gonna keep living forever, also thanked to the whole lot of fans." Jonathan does his best to motivate you for an goodbye of Hawkeye.

It's not just now that your realize that Hailee has gone very quiet since the whole conversation. You give her a questioning, yet caring look.

"Well maybe you're right. It's now up to us to keep our Hawkeye legend living rent free in everyone's lives." Florence states, switching positions with you smoothly so that you're now standing next to Hailee.