What a great thing!

Just the day after you got blessed by waking up next to the sleeping beauty in your bed, an interview with Jimmy Fallon plus a premiere party of two seasons of Hawkeye wait for you tonight.

Hailee and you spend a lovely morning. After you got up and had a little fun taking a shower you had some coffee and went to walk her dog, Brando.

You both keep things low, knowing the evening and night won't give you any rest.
'...again' you think about the last night.

"Alright, I'll see you later again!" Hailee kisses your cheek goodbye when you brought her back to her house. Making your way happily back to your apartment you put your airpods in and whenever you feel unobserved you do little jumps due the music, wearing a bright as hell smile.

Back home you notice something is different in your apartment. You put your notice down by thinking that it's just the good vibe and whatever else Hailee left here even though she's already gone.

Failed. You shrug as someone tabs your shoulder from behind.

"MOTHER OF A CRISES!" You shout jumping up and turning around in one move.

"I didn't know I was this worse as a mother." Your mom laughs at your reaction. Fast relaxing as you see it's just her, you go for a big hug.

"I honestly didn't expect you here." You say after hugging. "You want a-" You cut off yourself, seeing that your mom already got herself some drink.

"I didn't expect you to not be here, darling." Your mom gives your words back, rightly.

"Uh yeah... I went for a walk." You make it short, not even lying but kinda lying.

You can't sell your mom for dumb. "A walk? You, Y/n Y/l/n?" She starts to giggle in disbelieve. "Who are you and what have you done to my daughter?" She asks acting as if you were some dangerous stranger.

"I'm not lying mom! Well not totally am." You mumble the last sentence a bit, hoping she overhears it. Again, failed.

Rasing her eyebrow, giving you a hard look is all it takes for you to break in.

"I walked a dog." You still try to hold back facts. "I walked Hailee's dog." You continue voluntarily as your moms look sharpens.

"I knew something is different with you!" You mom shouts out loud clapping her hands once as if she won a price right now.

"Come on darling, don't make me pull out every single word out of you." Your mom moves closer to you, stroking your arm.

Her facial expression is soft as nearly always. Whenever she looks at you like that, you feel comfortable to almost tell her everything. Every thing.

"What do you wanna hear? That I like Hailee? Because I'm sure you already know I really do." You directly open up.

Your mom gestures you to take a seat on your couch with her. So you do, getting comfortable sitting close to each other. Her hand rests on your knee, giving a few motivating tabs.

"I know, but I thought you have a hard time showing this." Your mom carefully starts to say.

"Ma, don't put me in cotton. You thought I'm a psychic wreck still afraid to meet someone new who maybe could mean something real to me and having distrust they'll leave me as soon as there're problems." You spit out what your mom was really meaning by having a hard time.

Yet your mom puts her arm around your shoulders, pulling in to lean on her. You let it happen, glad she got you like that.

"I would understand if that would be the case, but now that it isn't, I'm glad you handle things in that good way, darling." Your moms hand strokes your upper arm hard enough to show you that you're doing great.