-33-

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
It's been a week since coming back home, and Y/n and Huey staying with Derick in Y/n's room. Of course, Derick warned the two about any "funny business" but that was to be expected.

But today since Christmas was close, Y/n had gone out with the girls to get gifts for everyone.

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"So I bet Huey missed you" Amani grinned as we looked around a jewelry store.

"Yeah, he's been making me rest a lot though," I say, my eyes catching on this watch which I asked to look out, thinking that Huey might like it.

"Well you need it girl" "I know, I just wanna be able to thank him, you know?" I asked before telling the jeweler that I'd get the watch, asking for the discreet bag cause I didn't want Huey to find it.

After that, we went into some more stores till heading to the food court only for me to bump into someone.

"Oh, my ba- damn" Once I had gotten a good look I realized I had bumped into Leo who in all honesty looked worse than when we were in school.

Leo's hair looked grown out, had patchy hair that prickled around his chin, and no offense but he had gotten a hit as well.

"Y/n? Damn it is you, you've barely aged" 'You have though'.

And now I was trapped in a conversation with Leo.

"So have you left Huey yet?" Leo asked as my fake smile dropped to annoyance.

"No we're still happily together" I answered to see disdain on Leo's face.

"You sure it's happy? I bet I could make you feel way better than him and that emotionless face" Leo rolled his eyes as I had to take a moment of disbelief.

"Trust I'm very happy with Huey, and he's not emotionless, but I can tell you're still delusional," I say before walking away, not even wanting to waste my time talking with Leo any longer.

"Ain't that Leo?" Amani asked me once I had gotten in line with her and Brooklyn.

"Yeah, he looks homeless now though" I cringed "Well his daddy did go broke so it makes sense" Brooklyn shrugged, the little nugget of truth something I wasn't aware of till now, but it was from fraud so I guess I can't be so sad for the boy.

Time skip

Once we had made it back home I went into Derek's room, my older brother was only aware that Amani had taken me out to get gifts for Huey, so he was willing to let me hide the gifts while still being clueless about the gifts Amani got for him.

Of course, I had gotten some gifts for my brothers and everyone else but that was all hidden in my room by now.

"Finally you're back," Huey says from behind me, the man having his arms around my waist as I turn around in his hold to face Huey.

"Yeah, I got back a few minutes ago, where were you?" I asked "Just talking with your brothers" Huey shrugged, his words making me raise a brow.

"About what?" "Nothing crazy" Huey responded, his vagueness hinting at something else but I decided to not press for now.

"Well at least I have you to myself right now" I grinned "Yeah and pretty soon it'll stay like that" Huey smiled, the man hinting at marriage.

"Oh, so we're getting serious about this" I joked "Well earlier I said I was" "I know, but I mean marriage is a lot," I said as we got onto my bed, laying next to each other.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Huey asked suspiciously "Nothing bad, it's just crazy how far we've been, and hopefully one day I'll be in like the best white dress and shit, it'll be amazing" I fantasized, always thinking about my dream wedding from time to time.

But while in my thoughts I had realized that Huey had gotten on top of me.

"You are excited about this huh?" "Of course I am, I've been excited forever, but you better be excited too" I laughed, not thinking to see a look of disbelief on Huey's face.

"Why would I be anything but excited to marry you? I've been ready to see how gorgeous you'll be in that white dress" Huey explained, the man practically glowing over his words before I kissed him, feeling myself get a bit emotional from happiness.

"Good"

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 758