-28-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Today the whole house was up, today was Riley's birthday and Grandad wanted us to help with the surprise party.

And so Cindy was currently distracting the boy, taking him all around town and giving him her gift earl.

I and Huey were getting last-minute supplies as well, Thugnificent texting me that he and his guys had their gifts and would be at the boys' house soon.

"Okay, we have everything," I say to Huey "yeah we're good on everything, we should probably pick up the cake now though" Huey suggested as we walked over to the car, putting everything in the back seat.

"Yeah, I just got the text that their done," I say, the boy nodding at me as we walked out of the store.

"New Gold" by Gorillaz and Tame Impala had begun to play as I started the car, me and Huey talking as I drove, the boy texting everyone that we were now picking the cake up.

The bakery that was making the cake wasn't that far from us, so it probably took five minutes because of the slight traffic.

But once there the baker had let us check the cake before paying, telling us to keep it cool so the frosting wouldn't melt.

"Alright, they're almost on their way back so let's go," Huey told me once we got into the car with me speeding just the slightest bit, making it to the boy's house in no time.

"There ya'll are, come on they're almost here," Aiden said while Derick took the cake out of Huey's hands so he could go and sit it down before Riley showed up.

While Derick did that we all had little party hats on, even Thugnificent.

"Keep your eyes closed Riley" "damn I get it, just don't let me die," Riley told the girl as she rolled her eyes.

"As if I'd let that happen on your birthday, anyway open your eyes," the girl said just as we all yelled "Happy birthday" Riley seemed to be surprised.

"That's why all of y'all was acting weird? Man, y'all real as hell for this" Riley said, hugging Huey and Grandad before me and my brothers.

"Mhm, and we even got you a cake," Grayson said, making Riley run over to the cake that had a mini version of him with all kinds of chains and guns, Thugnificent was obviously the one to help with cake ideas.

"Now this a real nigga cake, hell yeah boi" Riley was already pictures of the cake and as always, he went live.

"Nigga chill, you still need to blow out the candles," I say before lighting the candles.

"And don't waste your wish on something stupid" Huey stated "man shut up, this is my birthday" he stated before thinking for a moment before blowing out the candles with a true smile on his face.

"Thanks, y'all" "mhm, but don't thank us yet, we still gotta eat and open presents" Thugnificent informed, Riley, laughing a bit before nodding at us.

"Yeah I know"

Once we had all fixed our plates, I went over to Huey.

"He's definitely happy about today" I smiled "mhm, too bad the nigga's dumb as hell," Huey said just as I had lightly hit his arm.

"I'm playing, but yeah, it's good to see him happy" "oh my god you guys are having a party?" We heard Jazmin yell before walking over, me and Huey groaning in unison.

"Every time" I sighed seeing Brooklyn and Amani stand up, looking as if they were saying something to the girl.

"Girl it's Riley's birthday, and if you didn't know about it then why are you over here?" Amani started, the two well aware of what's been going on with Jazmin and me.