-14-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Finally it was homecoming week and today's dress up day was country day.

I was basically already dressed, just doing some finishing touches on my hair and I was ready.
Hair and fit check

"Ight I'm out yall" I say to my brothers, all of them telling me bye as I walked out to my car

Once I was in the car I started playing "Mercury" by Steve Lacy.

As the song played, I was basically cruising, not worried about having to rush to school.

But once I did make it to school it was like everyone knew something but me.

"Oh hey Huey" I greeted, seeing the boy had actually dressed up for today, his hair also in twists.
Huey's hair and fit

Normally just to get something this simple would take forever because Huey thought these dress up days were pointless, but he actually looked really good dressed up

"Hey Y/n, you look good" the boy spoke, looking over my outfit, seeming as if he was trying to hide a smile.

"Anyways I'll see you in a bit" "huh? But we have the same first period" "I know but I gotta go to the office for sum" the boy said, running off before I could even say anything else.

After walking into class I was very confused, Jasmine seeming to be more silent then normal, death glaring me still.

"Okay everyone take out your notebooks, we will be beginning notes" our teacher started off, meaning at least two or three people were going to fall asleep through this whole thing.

Class for the most part was chill and I did kind of fall asleep near the end of notes, but now after fixing my hat, Cindy had ran up to me before I could even leave the room.

"Hey you wanna go to the auditorium?" She asked, "why? You know we got class right?" "Bitch I know but apparently we were meeting in the auditorium today" "really?" I asked, our class only going in there a few times for science projects once in a while.

"Mhm, now come on"

As me and Cindy made our way to the auditorium, I saw people taking out their phones, making me wonder if someone was going to get into a fight, my guess entirely wrong as we made it to the auditorium doors to walk into a sort of pathway of people, four of which had these letters.

"Here you go bae" Felicity said, handing me the first letter as the other three girls did the same before me and Cindy walked up to the front of the auditorium to sit down, the girl making me flip the letters around to see they all connected to make a sun, and above the sun it said "Wanna shine at Homecoming?"

As I read those words I had started to hear "My girl" by The temptations playing specifically the "Ive got sunshine on a cloudy day" lyric, only to look up and see my brothers in suits, dancing and singing to the song, making me laugh a bit.

I also saw them begin to make an opening that Huey walked through, singing the "my girl" part, having also changed into a suit while holding a bouquet of yellow roses, the boy now standing in front of me while also cutting the music.

"Y/n, will you be my sunshine at Homecoming?" Huey asked as I nodded, jumping up to hug him.

"Yes I'll go to homecoming with you" I spoke, everyone cheering around us.

"This might be a bit much but I also got you these" Huey said, Riley walking over with my favorite cupcakes from the very exact bakery that I liked.

"Huey you're amazing" I gleamed, pulling the boy into a kiss, feeling his hands hold onto my hips, just before I was pulled away by Grayson.

"Okay let's not forget that we're still here" Derick said "Damn not you cock blocking my bestie" Elijah laughing, knowing he does the exact same thing to me.

Anyways I ended up reading the letters, seeing that they also all added up into one letter that I read once taping it together when I got home.

Basically it was Huey surprisingly pouring his heart out, the boy letting me know he was already planning to give me this letter but decided that it would be more convenient to give it to me now.

Still the note was sweet and I did tear up a little, Riley laughing at me on the FaceTime call, everyone from school posting about how my hoco proposal was the best one at our school.

But once the day was over I had went home, trying on my dress for the fiftieth time, now extremely excited before finally putting on my night clothes, going to bed.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 816