-1-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"Ay Sis wake up" I heard my brother Aiden say, shaking me awake.

"I'm up bruh" "good, anyways Derick made breakfast so hurry up"

Once my brother left my room I had finally gotten up, grabbing my pink blanket and wrapping it around myself before going downstairs for breakfast, almost slipping on the last step.

"Damn how the hell you buss your ass on the last step?" Elijah asked, laughing as I flicked his arm "boy shut up, you're so annoying" I exaggerated.

"Whatever sis, let's just eat, I'm hungry"

The both of us had walked into the dining room, Aiden already eating 'hungry ass'.

"Morning sis" Derick said, giving me a hug "morning Derick" I say, pulling back to see he had already fixed my plate.

"Thank you" "mhm, you welcome sis" after that I had sat down next to Grayson, the boy looking at tiktoks.

"Hey so can we go to the mall next Sunday?" I asked everyone, the first day of school coming up.

"Sure, you planning on impressing Huey on the first day?" Aiden asked me "no" I answered knowing they all knew about my crush on the boy.

"Mhm sure, anyways I don't mind" Grayson shrugged "same, I need some new pants anyways" Derick added before sitting down with the rest of us.

Mornings were always like this, me and my brothers all sitting down and just talking, Grayson always complaining about me having my blanket.

"Gray y'all got that ac on Antarctic every day" "it's not even on weirdo" Elijah said, his laughter being cut off when I kicked his leg.

"Yeah okay, anyways I'm finna go over to the Freeman's in a bit" "ight, you better not get in trouble though" Derick warned "I won't, don't worry" I said, giving a winning smile before leaving to go get ready.

After grabbing an outfit from my closet I went into my bathroom, taking a shower and basically going through my entire routine, deciding to leaving my hair in a fro, just rubbing some butters through to keep is moisturized.
Hair and fit check

Once I was dressed and ready I had grabbed my things, heading out the house before I had to run into one of these crazy ass boys

Now in my car I had gotten a text from Riley to hurry up, which I ignored cause who's finna listen to him?

Anyways I had waiting around for a bit, picking out a song before driving over to the Freeman's, about on the other side of my neighborhood which I could of walked, but I didn't want to.

Me and Huey have both been the closest out of him and Riley, and it wasn't cause we were the same age but we just always got along, which was probably why I had a crush on him.

But anyways it didn't take long to make it to their home, Grandad being the one to answer the door.

"Aw you're back sweetie pie" the man said, giving me a hug.

"Hey grandad, the boys here?" "Yeah they in their room, and make sure to get that Riley in shape, almost made me take my damn belt off" Grandad complained.

"Got that, I'll be back in a bit" I say before going up the stairs, going straight to the boy's room.

"Heyy yall, miss me?" I smiled, seeing the boys sitting on their beds, Riley the first to get up.

"Ayy finally you here" he said, dapping me up and hugging me.

"Whatever Riley, wassup Huey" "sup Y/n" the boy greeting, lightly hugging me before we pulled away.

"Anyways what's the plan for today?" I asked, the boys shrugging.

"We was finna ask you" Huey said but before I could say anything, we had heard Grandad talking to someone at the door.

Quickly we hid behind the wall, Riley having his BB gun in hand.

"*whisper* who's that white man?" I asked "no fucking clue"

We had just tiptoed around the house, watching grandad talking with the man, finding out that his name was Mr Wuncler.

Once the man left, Grandad had turned to us "now what the hell boys?! Didn't I tell you to act right? And why the hell you trying to corrupt my sweet granbaby?" He asked the two.

"But grandad-" "no buts, and is there even real bullets in this thing?" He asked, shooting Riley, making a laugh come from me, the boy mumbling about some stupid stuff.

"Anyways you three are going to come with me to this white man's garden party, Sweetie pie you can bring your brothers" "I'll let them know then"

After that we had left the house, deciding to just walk around the neighborhood.

"Y'all ready for school?" I asked "I mean the school system is fraud, but since I gotta go, I guess" Huey shrugged in his classic Huey attitude.

"Man fuck all of that, I'm just tryna see some big booty bitches when we get back" "you better worry about that big ass head first" Huey said, Riley getting mad and trying to hit him, only missing and falling onto the ground.

"Damn, couldn't be me" I shrugged "mhm, anyways are you gonna leave your head out?" Huey asked me.

"nah imma get it braided" "that's wassup, who finna do it?" At the question I had smiled slyly a bit.

"Well if you truly love me, you'll do em" I say, Huey stopping to look at me.

"Really Y/n?" "Yes really Huey, it's important" "why not have your brothers do it? Even Grayson knows how to do your hair" Huey had pointed out "cause I don't wanna bother them" "so you wanna bother me?"

"Yes..."

"...fair enough"

After walking for a bit we had ended up going into the corner store, going to the chip isle to see Cindy.

"Oh wassup Cindy, didn't think I'd see you" I say, hugging the girl.

"Girl same, and I was just chilling, decided to grab myself something" the girls said "well that's wassup"

As we all talked for a bit, grabbing our snacks and paying for it, we had kept walking around till it got dark.

"Damn I gotta go home before Derick starts worrying, I'll see y'all later" I say, going over to my car since we were at the Freeman's home.

"Okay, see you tomorrow bro!" Riley yelled, walking Cindy home.

"Yeah I'll see you" I yell back before getting into my car, rolling down the window so I can still talk to Huey.

"Drive safe ight? These white folks be speeding like their in a street race" Huey said to me "I will Huey, anyways I'll see you tomorrow, better dress nice" I joked, seeing the boy crack a smile.

"Yeah I will, goodnight Y/n" "goodnight Huey"

And with that I had left their driveway, going home for the night.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1157