021 - ɢᴜɴsʜᴏᴛs

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。We had sat and talked for a bit while Teresa and Thomas were on the top of the mountain

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
We had sat and talked for a bit while Teresa and Thomas were on the top of the mountain.

"Will Winston be all right?" Newt whispered to me

"I... don't know," I whispered back. Suddenly a gun shot fired through the air. I jumped and scrambled a bit away breathing heavily from the immediate shock.

"Hey!" Frypan shouted.

"Guys! Get down here!" Archer shouted up to Teresa and Thomas

"Winston what the hell?" I asked.

"Winston what are you doing man, give me that!" Frypan took the gun from Winston's hands.

"What's going on?" Newt questioned

"What happened?" Teresa asked arriving to the group

"I don't know," Frypan answered "He just woke up and grabbed the gun, and he tried to..."

"Give it back, please," Winston pushed out, he was now on his hands and knees clearly something was wrong with him.

"Winston, are you okay?" Archer asked leaning down to Winston. Suddenly Winston coughed up what looked like black sick, it watered out of his mouth disgustingly.  He only continued to splotch more out creating a terrible noise.

He turned back around and laid his body across the sand, breathing heavily.

"It's growing..." he whispered looking down at his torso.  There were deep wounded and ripped pieces of flesh covered in blood. Familiar pulsing green and blue veins bigger than last time I checked up on him. "Inside me..." he finished

He was pale now, struggling to breath. He was dying.

"I'm not gonna make it," he whispered "Please, please," he whispered pointing towards the gun. "Don't let me turn into one of those things," Newt stepped forward and took the gun from Frypans hands slowly.

"Wait, Newt..." Thomas tried but Newt ignored him walking over towards Winston, resting the gun onto Winston's chest for Winston the hold.

"Thank you," Winston spoke quietly "Now... get outta here," he breathed

"Goodbye, Winston," Newt whispered before standing up. Newt looked at me before walking out from the group, I've never seen that expression on his face. He knew he had to be strong for the group, but he could barley do that.

I leant down next to Winston my eyes began to sting but I pushed that feeling away.

"Do me a favour Diana," he asked "Keep Newt safe,"

"I will," my voice broke before I stood back up giving him a polite nod. I began to wait for the others. I saw Newt already walking, I didn't want to talk to him, not right now. I waited and kept my distance. The other began to walk one by one.