030 - ᴡᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ?

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"Brenda!" Jorge panicked pushing through the group to lean to her side quickly "Brenda!" He repeated "Brenda!" He continued as Brenda gasped for air below him

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"Brenda!" Jorge panicked pushing through the group to lean to her side quickly "Brenda!" He repeated "Brenda!" He continued as Brenda gasped for air below him.

He had fear behind his eyes, I hadn't known him long but this was the first time I had ever seen one man so terrified and hanging on her every single breath like it was her last.

He pulled Brenda up, resting her head on his arm as he cradled her desperate to bring her back from her shut eyed heavy breathing trance

"Brenda, talk to me," he pleaded

"I'm sorry," she pushed out through harsh breaths "I'm sorry," Brenda repeated

"What's going on with her?" Vince asked leaning down next to Jorge.

"I don't know. Brenda? Are you all right?" He asked her "Brenda talk to me, please," Jorge pleaded as Vince's arm began to take her bandage off in curiously.

"Oh shit," he pulled away quickly pulling the gun from his pocket "Crank! We got a crank," he said only then did I notice the bite on her leg.

"No!" Jorges voice broke as he went the sheiks her body.

"Stop!" I panicked going to jump forward before a hand shot infront of me holding me back. I would've been mad and pushed past it but it was Newts.

He finally, after what felt like an eternity communicated with me somehow. I mean sure he wasn't looking at me and his eyes stayed on Vince but touch was good enough.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Thomas kept forward as the jumping in between Vince's gun and Brenda.

"Thomas!" I stuck my hand forward panicking. I couldn't let them hurt my brother. This time I pushed Newts hand and stood forward.

"Step back!" Vince breathed pointing to the side holding the gun towards Brenda

"Listen, okay?" I tried "This just happened she's not dangerous yet," I explained

"You shouldn't have bought her here!" He shouted at me, his voice echoing through the now silence.

"I know- I-" the adrenaline of the moment was wearing off slowly leaving me to feel as though lost and terrified for Brenda's life

"We let Cranks in here now, the sage haven doesn't last a week! Step back!" He ordered

"I understand, okay?" Thomas stepped forward. "I understand all right? Just listen. Please. Please okay? I told her you could help,"  he explained. It tuned my gaze to Brenda.

Her chest rising and falling so fast her body was limp. Her face pale and white she looked ghostly, terrifying something from a movie.

"Okay? There's got to be something you can do," Thomas breathed

"Yeah? There is," Vince said not lowering his gun from Brenda's body. He loaded the gun "I can put her out of her misery," he began before I slid in-front of him.

Arrow strung against the string, my knee in the sand my arms straight and my hair pushed by the wind to my side. I held my gaze, squared him.

"You're not going to touch her," I whispered lining the arrow up with his head.

"Vince, that's enough. Let the girl go!" A woman's voice hollered from behind him. "Lower your gun!" She repeated as the woman with short brown hair and brown eyes joined Vince's side. My arrow stayed straight

"She's infected doc. Get out of the way," Vince spoke to me. "There's nothing we can do for her,"

"No, but they can," she nodded to Thomas and me. I stared at her with a furrow expression loosening my arrow slightly "Hello, Diana. Hello, Thomas," she greeted

"What?" He breathed stepping forward to be in-front of me his arm going slighting in-front. What was with these boys and protecting me?

"You know us?" I asked standing up letting the bow fall to me side. I saw Vince re tighten his grip over to gun. "Don't even think about it," I shot to him.

The woman looked at us with a slow nod as if studying us and analysing our words.

"Interesting," she whispered "It makes sense they'd put you two in the maze together. Though I must admit... I was worried they'd kill you after what you two did," she spoke as she walked towards Brenda leaning down next to her gently. Not alarming or violent in any way.

"What we did?" Thomas stammered desperate for any recognition from his past.

"The first time we spoke, Diana you said you couldn't take it anymore, watching your friends die one by one. Then you came back with Thomas, you gave us the coordinates of every WICKED compound, trial and lab," she explained holding Brenda's wrist comfortingly

"They were our source," Vince whispered. What the hell was going on? I did what? I don't remember doing anything like that.

"We couldn't have pulled all this off without them," she finished. She reminded me of my mother, not that I remember her. But she just did, maybe it was how comforting her voice was.

How gentle she was with Brenda even after hearing that she was dangerous. She made me feel safer, less on edge. Her eyes were soft as she looked over Brenda

"Take her to the tent, get these guys some warm clothes. Carful!" She said as they began to rise Brenda's body. "Go and get changed and Thomas, Diana come see me after," she told us.

***

Me and Newt were first be changed. I made sure of that. This was my only chance to get him alone, to trap him. To force him to speak.

I had been given a mug, a small green top and black cargos, made of thicker warmed material. Sonya, one of the girls had done my hair in two neat plaits just like hers. I liked Sonya a lot.

"So, Newt," I began tapping my hand on the mug nervously.
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈