47 - ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴅʏ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city. They realised I was immune, patched me up... and they bought me to Lawrence. This groups been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city. But WICKED can't hide behind those walls forever, days gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done," Gally explained as he walked us through this small civilisation that reminded me of the Right Arm.

He stopped in front of us, turning round to address the group "Listen, uh... he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. All right? And try not to stare," Gally explained as he went to lead the group again.

"If we have to talk, Diana your doing it," Frypan whispered.

"What? why me?" I asked quickly.

"Because your friendly looking," he finished before following Gally. I stood for a second watching the others walk past.

"He has a point," Jorge shrugged as Brenda followed behind him pushing on my back to catch up.

***

"Gally..." a man addressed "Glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened," the man was hidden in the shadows.

"It was a slaughter," Gally replied "There's nothing we could do against those guns,"

"No... but they can only poke the hornets nest so long... before they get stung," he explained metaphorically as he held a red rose to the light. "Now, who are these people? Why are they here?" He asked not moving or diverting his gaze.

"We need to get into WICKED," I said formally, stepping forward.

"Gally said you can get us through the walls," Thomas added, the man turned for the first time to look at us.

"Well, Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep," the man spoke, I shot Thomas a hard glare as he stepped back. "Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKED is impossible," I thought for a second as an idea began to work.

I looked up at Gally, giving him a nod knowing this had been his idea the whole time... I wasn't a fan of it, but it saved Minho and Archer anything was adjustable.

"There might be a way now," Gally explained

"But it doesn't work without any of us," I offered.

"Is that so?" Lawrence asked "Do you know what I am... woman?" he said walking towards me, pushing a small hospital blood supplier than was almost out of blood along with him. His face visible from the light.

The end of his nose was clean whipped of, the side of his face looked like the bottom of a boat full of barnacles and plankton. I held my gaze still and tried to look away. He stepped even closer, leaning towards my face. "I am a businessman," he whispered. "Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?"

"Because I can help you. You see, if you can get us through those walls... I can get you what you need," I offered

"What is it that you think I need?"

"Time... every last drop,"

"Is that what I need?" He scoffed quietly.

"WICKED has something we both want,"

"I'll tell you what. Three can go for now, the rest stay down here with me. Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back. We have a deal?" He stuck his hand out to me, I thought for a second before placing my hand into his, shaking it firmly. "Smart, Lady,"  he nodded "Gally, show them the way and get her patched up. She's too smart to die," he finished as he walked away.

***

Gally had tended to my cut, placing small butterfly stitched over top of it. While he explained the plan to the group... now it was time to act.

We now stood around a small sewer hole that was nestled in the ground. He funnelled a long ladder down it. "Be careful, Thomas," Frypan told him as I sat down next to Newt.

He was curled over tying his shoes, I watched him carefully as he lifted his right hand slowly to the top of his leg. Twisting it over before bawling his fingers into a fist and his knuckles clicked. I strung my hair up, keeping it from my face.

I straightened myself up, placing my hand down to Newt pulling him up. "You ready, Blondie?" I asked his as he looked at me with furrowed brows "Hm?"

"You haven't called me that in ages," he smiled. I shrugged and headed towards the tunnel with a shifted gaze.

"Stay safe Diana," Frypan added "Be carful down there,"

"I will," I smiled at him warmly before turning to Brenda "Try not to kill them all,"

"No promises," she warned before hugging me "Good luck," she whispered before pulling away. I edged my way down the old now orange with rust ladder. It shook as I wrapped my hands around it tighter, it's echo shuddering through the tunnel. I winced before making my way down to the bottom.
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈