002 - ʜᴏᴘᴇs

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。 ゚My eyes jolted open

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈。 ゚
My eyes jolted open. There were light murmurs of a little group of boys far away, I rose slowly to see Newt still asleep. He hasn't moved one bit.

I pulled myself up and looked around before scrambling out of the hammock desperate not to wake Newt up. He was actually pretty good-looking when he wasn't forcing positivity down my throat.

I walked away slowly and began to look around. It was early like the sun was only just rising.

"Diana!" A boy shouted, I spun around to see a small stubby boy looking at me with a big smile.

"Hi," I said dryly

"Hi, I'm chuck," he introduced

"I'm Diana," I smiled hearing my voice properly for the first time that I can remember

"They were all saying your mean, I don't think you are," he explained

"I'm not mean, I promise," I laughed

"That's good, so why are you up so early?"

"I just woke up, what time is it?"

"We don't have clock,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah, but it's early only the people on morning duty get up this early,"

"Morning duty what's that?"

"They just go round and collect all the stuff we harvested the day before,"

"Oh, cool, are you on morning duty?" I asked

"Yes, but we've done everything so we have nothing to do now,"

"Oh okay,"

"Shouldn't you be with Newt?"

"Uh- that is the blond boy isn't it?" I asked just in case.

"Yeah,"

"Oh uh- probably,"

"Well it's fine, you're with me now. So what are you thinking of doing here?"

"I don't know,"

"Well being a runner would be good, you run fast and climb well,"

"What's that?"

"They go in the maze, and try and find a way out. It's dangerous though,"

"Oh," I nodded

"Yes, we'll if your not sure you can try out being a harvester in the trees," he explained "Climb this tree and pick this apple,"

"Oh okay," I pulled myself up the tree and began to push towards the red apple.

"Chuck!" A boy shouted