43 - ᴇᴠɪᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"Diana, Diana, come on!" a voice repeated over and over echoing through my head

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"Diana, Diana, come on!" a voice repeated over and over echoing through my head. I let out a small groan shaking my head slightly. "Diana, please!" The voice continued, now shaking my shoulders. "She's not waking up!"

"Just- uh- I'll get her arm," another spoke, before I opened my eyes slowly squinting.

"Diana," He breathed looking over me "Come on we have to go!" He explained pulling a bit on my arm before I groaned again at the pulling. I then heard a familiar sound of chocking or gargling, followed by footsteps.

The cranks. I opened my eyes winder, digging down onto the floor of the car looking for the cold metal pistol I had packed not long before we had left. Nothing. "Fuck," I mumbled, my logical side of my brain working.

"Diana what the hell are you doing!" Newt yelled outside the car pulling still at my arm.

"I'm trying to find something!"  I replied fast before my hands locked around a trigger, I launched my body out of the car. The collide with the ground causing the left side of my body to hurt a bit before it was defended by the sound of a loud gunshot to the head and a Crank plummeting to the ground. I took in a large sigh of relief.

"Diana..." Newt trailed staring at me blankly, I rolled over so I lay on my back breathing heavily staring back at the wide eyed boys.

"What?" I asked seeing their weird expression, I was answered with silence. "What?" I repeated harsher standing up to stare at them, my thigh still a little sore.

I looked down at myself slowly to see if I could spot anything. My cloths a good few rips and holes, a few cuts and grazes on my arms and stomach. My thigh red with dried blood, but nothing different to before. "What!"

"Y- your face," Frypan pointed

"Funny," I answered sarcastically, burying to gun into my cargo pocket.

"No I- look," he pointed at a piece of shattered glass on the floor. I grabbed it and looked into it, taking a quick gasp. Down the right of my face was a long dark bloody wound. From my forehead down to my lip, gushing with blood.

"Fuck," I whispered, bringing my hand to it slowly. I ran my thumb over it carefully wincing as I did. I looked at myself then the boys, how come then have barley anything wrong with them and I've got a cut down my face, a gun shot in my leg and a terribly painful throbbing pain in my back.

We were interrupted by more growling and screeching echoing through the tunnel, then a silhouette of a human. "Go, go!" Thomas yelled as he began to run, we followed closely. The Cranks copied.

We ran through the tunnel as fast as possible, my leg shaking and hurting more by every single step and the blood from my cut began to mess with vision slightly forcing my to shut my eye. The Universe Wants Me Dead.

"Woah, woah, woah," I told them slowing down to stop noticing all the Cranks in front. We were surrounded.

"Watch out," Thomas added, I looked back and forth quickly pulling the pistol from my pocket and Frypan pulled the shot gun from his side. We began to fire, one shot after another, trying to knock down the number of cranks behind us.

We rotated front to back trying to protect the group. The shots launched through the air before causing the Cranks to drop to the ground. I reloaded my pistol, ... fuck.

"I'm out!" I yelled to Frypan as he shot the ones behind. He went to reload his own before he was met with the same empty reload. Thomas shone his light over the large ammunition of Cranks.

"Shit," he cursed. They were coming at us left and right, this would be it, surely. We've been bargaining for our lives since well... all I could remember. One day we would have to loose, it can't keep working out for us.

This would be it, as the Cranks only edged closer and closer sealing us into our inevitable fate. The slightly sound of a loud truck filled the tunnel growing fast. I turned to Newt with furrowed brows. This wasn't part of any plan he had told me about. He shrugged unsure. I turned back to the Cranks before our shadows casted themselves on the ground.

I turned quickly to see a large bright truck rummaging over dead Cranks. Then out of nowhere a short brunette woman popped out from the top a pistol in her hand pointing and firing at the Cranks. "Hey, get in!" Brenda told us.

I ran towards the truck quickly slipping into the back on the car with Newt, Frypan and Thomas heading into the backseats. "Go!" Brenda yelled

"Hang on!" Jorge advised as the car jolted forward fast. The blessing of daylight made itself into my vision, my right eye seeing it and my left blurry from blood which was coming to a slow stop.

The car raced out, well. My inevitable demise was once again put off for another date. Maybe I did have some luck on my side after all. "I'm impressed!" Jorge complimented loudly over the engine. "You guys almost lasted a whole day,"

"You okay?" I asked Newt

"Yeah," he replied staring at me cautiously. Examining my cut.

"Well you almost lasted a whole day, but seamed to get Diana as close to death as physically possible,"  Brenda added looking at me through the head mirror, she turned around looking at us shaking her head slowly.

"I'm sorry. We didn't wanna bring you guys into this,"  I explained.

"I think what's she's trying to say is thanks for saving us," Frypan added making me smile

"Your welcome,"

"Hey, don't get your hopes up," Jorge explained "That checkpoint back there, that was the city's last defence. If that was overrun, chance are the city is, too."

"Yeah, unless they figure out some other way to keep the Cranks out," Newt added staring out the window. I followed his gaze.
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈

Maze Runner | Newtजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें