031 - ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"In the beginning we were lost

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"In the beginning we were lost. All we knew for sure was that the younger you were, the stronger your chances," she explained as she pottered around the room. Me Thomas and Jorge were sat around Brenda, she lay on a small bed looking lifeless.

"You worked for WICKED?" Thomas asked

"Long time ago," she answered reluctantly "You know at first we had the best intentions, find a cure, save the world. It was clear you kids were the key, because you were immune. But why? Eventually, we found an answer. An enzyme produced by the brains of the immune once separated from the bloodstream, it can serve as a powerful agent to slow the spread of the virus,"

"So you found a cure?" Thomas turned to her

"Not exactly. The enzyme can't be manufactured, only harvested form the immune. The young. Of course that didn't stop WICKED. If they had their way, they'd sacrifice an entire generation. All for this," she pulled up a familiar syringe. With a familiar blue liquid from back in the maze. "A gift of biology. Of evolution," she trailed staring at it, admiring it "But one not meant for all of us,"

She walked towards Brenda pulling her sleeve up revealing her arm. Her consistent heavy breathing stopped and turned into a sigh of relief as the blue liquid spread through her arm.

"How long will that give her?" Thomas asked

"It different for everyone, a few moths maybe. But that's the catch isn't it? She'll always need more," she turned her gaze to me "They admired your loyalty a lot you know?"

"Why?" I asked her

"They tried to split you two up, have you in separate mazes. You wouldn't allow it, they way you kicked off. You refused to part from your brother, you could've died as a consequence. But... you just didn't give in. The loyalty you have towards him is a loyalty some people don't even have to themselves," she explained with a warm smile which I returned.

Is that really what happened? I could've been separated from Thomas? I could still be in the maze now, or I could be still in WICKED grasp. The thought pooled at once.

"Let's let her rest," she finished standing up.

***

Me and Thomas walked out together, we began to head towards Newt before I stopped him.

"Stay here, I need to speak to Newt alone," I said glancing over at Newt.

"You'll tell me after right?"

"Yes," I replied before I walked towards Newt. "Newt," I breathed

"Diana," he said almost sarcastically raising his eyebrows. I was at boiling point. How dare he?

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked him, he stood by a wall not looking at me.

"Nothing," he mumbled

"Piece of shit," I whispered pushing his against the wall by his chest.

"Diana!" He began

"What the hell is going on with you?" I was shaking from sheer anger. I looked over him seeing fear in the familiar brown eyes that normally trapped me in their gaze.

"You don't remember Diana," he breathed as I stepped away from him slowly

"Remember what?" I asked softly lowering my voice feeling bad for lashing out

"You kissed me! Diana you kissed me, and you don't even remember,"

I kissed Newt...
I didn't remember...
It suddenly made sense, that would've been our first kiss... and I wasn't even conscious.

"Newt I..." I began to trail desperate to remember that night but I didn't.

"You don't remember the first time you kissed me Diana..."

"I'm sorry," I whispered so quietly I could barley hear myself.

"I'm probably over reacting but Diana, I've been waiting for you to kiss me for so long, and the second you do you don't even remember,"

"Newt..." I trailed his words only breaking me more and more. I stepped towards him, letting my lips find his and my eyes shut. I was overcome with a tingling in my body as ever part of me that touched him.

I wrapped my hands around his neck pulling him closer to me. He leant back onto the wall allowing me to pull him closer towards me. I pulled away after a few second

"I know it wasn't our first, but it was for me," I smiled weakly while his eyes just stared at me. He leant forward kissing me again.

"Diana?" He asked as he pulled away

"Newt," I replied

"I love you," he whispered

"I love you too," I stepped away from him while he ran his hands through his hair.

"Come with me," he said beginning to walk

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere," he was being secretive about it, at least we were back to normal so I followed

"Newt," I sang "Where are we going?" I repeated with a smile

"You'll see," I followed him through the Right Arm

"I hate surprises,"

"I know," he smiled, he smiled that smile that I loved. The one that was genuine and sweet. We had been walking for a few minutes. "Wait, come here,"

"Why?"

"Just do it," I stopped and walked towards him, he placed his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer towards him "Your bold today," I smiled as we continued walking

"Missed you," he shrugged

"You should be like this more often," I whispered

"Why?"

"I just think you should,"

"I'll keep it in mind, come in here," he pointed towards a little hole in the wall. I turned to him with raised eyebrows

"What you gonna kidnap me? Send me back to WICKED?"

"Wouldn't dream of it," I headed into the little hole. "Was this the surprise?" I asked

"No," he pointed towards a glistening crystal in the wall. It was light pink, not big but not small with a cluster feel to it.

"It's beautiful," I breathed looking at it, I had to be a crystal of some sort.

"Here," he passed me a chunk of it "I spent all evening jamming that out the wall," I spun it through my hands

"It's so pretty..." I breathed.

"It made me think of you... for some reason,"

"It makes me think of you," I smiled
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈