34 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。Teresa

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
Teresa.

First I was full of anger, sheer utter anger that made me want to stand up and murder every single person around me. I then wanted to scream to the top of my lungs until my throat hurt. I liked Teresa. I protected Teresa. I loved Teresa and this is how I'm repaid.

If I could I would get up and rip her throat out, watch her lifeless body jerk on the floor. But then my anger shifted, to hurt. How could she do this? All the hours we spent talking meant nothing to her. All the time we spent in that god damn desert walking together was now nothing. She was nothing to me. Not anymore.

I glared at her with a look I never thought I could do. A look of utter hatred, the same look I saw on Newts face, never in my life have a felt such a hatred towards one singular person. Their wasn't a piece of warmth in my eyes, a piece of forgiveness or mercy. Just evil.

"Teresa," I whispered slowly

"Diana I-" she began looking at me with watery eyes. How dare she cry. How dare she look or speak to me.

"Teresa," I repeated my voice harsh and cold causing her to stop talking. I didn't have anything to say to her, I only looked away, my throat corse and my eyes still.

"The hell?" Frypan looked at her with a confused and hurt expression "Teresa?"

"Wait, what's going on?" Newt asked looking at her

"She's with them," I spoke, my voice assertive and loud

"Since when?" Minho asked turning to me

"Oh, Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good," Janson spoke stepping forward

"Greater good," I mumbled

"Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time," he explained. The group was hurt, betrayed.

"I'm sorry," Teresa spoke "I had no choice. This is the only way," she defended "We have to find a cure,"

"She's right. This is all just means to an end. You used to understand that, Diana, Thomas. No matter what you think of me... I am not a monster. I'm a doctor I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost. I just need more time," The woman beside Teresa explained

"More blood," another woman's voice spoke from behind us. Mary and Vince.

"Hello Mary," Dr. Paige addressed "I hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances,"

"I'm sorry about a lot of things, too," Mary spoke "But not this. At least my conscience is clear,"

"So is mine," Paige whispered. A gun shop fired through the air. I spun my head around quickly terrified, only to notice Mary on the ground.

"Mary? Mary?" Vince began to panic as he knees buried into the ground

"Mary!" I jumped forward running towards her.

"Mary!" Vince crouched down next to her as I examined her wound quickly. Not Mary. I repeated to myself over and over as I looked over her body. Blood loss.

"Stop the blood!" I yelled turning to the guards, they were the only people that can help I had nothing. "Please! Stop the blood!" I cried "Please," tears began to fall slowly down my face as I held her

"Mary! Mary! Come on!" Vince yelled as he looked at Mary's lifeless pale face

"Stop the blood," my voice went shaky and quiet as I looked back at Mary. She made me feel so safe, so warm. I don't know how, but I knew if I did know her before the maze and WICKED she would've meant a lot to me and I couldn't keep her safe back.

I looked around my eyes scarred with pain. I noticed Janson slowly bringing a gun back to his side. "Load them up. Let's go," Paige spoke to Janson ignoring the scene in-front of her.

The guards began to grab us, pull us around as they dragged them towards a large structure working their way through the lines. A guard pushed me away from Mary and back into my spot.

"Hey D?" Newt whispered

"Not right now," I whispered back slowly straining my eyes closed. Why.

"Get up! Let's go!" A guard yelled to us. I stood up slowly as did the others and we walked occasionally being shoved or told to speed up by guards. I glanced up at Thomas and gave him a confirmation nod, he gave one back.

"Stay safe," I whispered to Newt. He turned to me with a curious look. Thomas turned fast growing a grenade in between the group of guards, they readied their arm as I pulled the trigger from my pocket. I held it, my finger placing on the button threatening to do it.

"Everyone, stand back!" Thomas yelled as I joined his side.

"Hold you fire!" Janson yelled as he joined the guards.

"Let 'em go!" I ordered

"Diana, put it down," Janson tried

"Let 'em all go!" Thomas yelled.

"You know I can't do that!" Paige stepped forward

"Diana, Thomas," Teresa spoke. Got some god damn nerve "Please stop! I made a deal with them. They promised we'd be safe. All of us,"

"And were supposed to trust you now?" Thomas asked sarcastically

"That ship sailed Teresa," I smiled harshly

"It's true. It was her only condition," Paige backed

"Shut up!" Thomas shouted

"Everything can back to the way it was," Paige explained. She would be far more convincing if beside her wasn't a evil sharp faced man "Thomas. Diana. Do you two really want all of them to die?"

"Listen to her. Think about what you kids are doing," Janson added. We were breathing heavily, unsure of our next more. Was it worth running again? Running forever from something we can never escape?

Minho, Frypan, archer and Newt stood behind us.

"We're with you two," Minho whispered. The final decision was visible, it was already made the second my hand was on the trigger.

"No," Teresa whispered. Yes.

"Don't," Paige warned. Do.

"Do it, Diana," Minho whispered in my ear

"We're ready," Newt added. A smile began to build on my face.

"Im not going back there," I announced "We're not going back that,"

"Diana?" Paige breathed.

"It's the only way,"  my voice was shaky. Was I ready? I bought the trigger up ready to push it down. This was it. This was going to be the end.

It was the right thing to do.
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈