42 - ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"That, is, a crank," I breathed

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"That, is, a crank," I breathed. A loud gargle echoed through the tunnel, as its body lunged again, staring at us. "It's okay...it- it's just one... take it slow, go around him... we'll be fine,"

"Take it slow," Frypan repeated as Newt flicked his flashlight off.

"Newt," I whispered nodding to his window, he nodded and wound it up slowly glaring forward at the crank. I was so focused on the Crank in front I was into bought back to reality when Thomas jumped into my body. He gasped sharply, pointing his torch to the window.

"Ouch," I complained moving to the side to see a pale, dirty, platinum blonde woman with her face up against the glass. Her eyes wide and staring at us with a lifeless gaze.

"Please," she words came out of her mouth pleadingly. Her voice coarse and her words cold. "Please," she repeated as her breaths stating getting louder and faster. She began to hit against the door causing a even fast thud. She turned to the Crank infront of the vehicle and glanced back at up.

A desperate pleading smile surfaced her lips "Help me," she hit the truck harder "Please, please, let me in," she continued.

Suddenly a loud thud came form beside me, my body jerked away into Thomas. Another Crank, with its face sneered against the glass and its bloody hands leaving handprints. It made a weird 'blah' sound as it pleaded against the door. The woman still on the other side.

I had no idea what to do as more began to cover the sides of the car. Newts window, then Frypans then the back window. Cranks we're surrounding the car, I glanced up at Newt. A scared gleam in his eyes.

"Okay," I whispered leaning forward towards the floor of the car digging around quickly.

"Diana! What are you doing?" Newt asked hearing me rummage around on the floor.

"Got it! Get ready to drive Fry!" I told him as my hands latched around a pistol.

"Diana what-" Newt was cut off by a loud strong bullet and a shatter of glass.

"Oh," I thought for a second, knowing I couldn't kill then all around the car or else the glass would smash, which wasn't worth it right now. I opened the car door, placing my hand onto the rack at the top and leaning out. I began to shoot the Cranks in front the advice form the booklet playing in my mind.

Head.

I felt a harsh long set of finger nails scrape themselves down my back. Ripping the skin and blood gushing out behind in. I bit my lip down turning around quickly to bury more bullets into their head.

I got as many as I could before I felt a hand latch around my waist and pulling me back in, the door shutting behind me. "Wait-" I struggled away from the grip wanting to go back out and protect the group.

"No," Newt said sternly

"There's just a... please! I-"  I pleaded

"Diana... your back," he breathed lashing me forward from his grip revealing the blood gushing five lines stripping down my back.

"It's fine, all right?" I tried before pushing myself away from Newt. Frypans foot buried into the pedal as the car began to race forward. Now I had freed up the front of the car we could drive.

I stared at Newt, unsure of how to feel about what he had just done. Not sure if I was thankful or angry he stopped me. He looked forward, clearly avoiding my gaze.

I gave up and looked forward seeing a new crank nestled onto the front of the car. I watched its raggedy old body and fist as it dug it into the glass. Shattering it ever so slightly each time.

Frypans driving began to shift side to side, the car wobbling as the Crank hit at the front window. Frypan began to turn the car left and right abruptly to try and shake the Crank off get its grip was strong.

"One more," I whispered shoving the car door open again and leaning my body out. I lined the head on the Crank up with the pistol before burying a bullet into its head.

Again, like clockwork, a pair of hands pulling me back in by the waist. But this time I felt a cold hard gaze on me as Frypans driving straightened up and fastened away from the Cranks.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Newt scoffed staring at me

"Saving our lives," I replied quietly

"What by nearly killing yourself? Are you asking to be a crank?"

"Are you?" I shot quickly "You wanted me to sit there and watch that Crank break into the car? Well Newt, next time that happens I'll be sure to let you become a Crank,"

"You could've died, do you not understand that? This is the thing, Diana, you don't think. You don't think about anything... ever!" He explained harshly. His words blurring my thought. I don't think...? I don't think? All I ever do is think? Every single thing I do is to keep you all alive?

"Newt I have-" I began before the car began to topple to the left, I assumed it would turn back before it kept on going until it fell to one side. Flipping over.

My back fell quickly against the car door, the pressure on my wounds making me forget about my head smashing through a window.

"Diana! Diana!" I heard Newt before his words echoed through my mind and my vision  began to split...
。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈