008 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʏʟɪɴᴅᴇʀ

。 ゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。"Yeah we found this

。 ゚┈୨♡୧┈
"Yeah we found this. It was inside a griever," Thomas explained holding a weird iron cylinder. Newt was holding it getting a better look at it

"These are the same letters we got on our supplies," Newt said handing me the cylinder with big yellow bold letters of WCKD... like my dream and in red numbers was a 7.

"Yeah, whoever put us here obviously made the grievers. And this is the first real clue, the first anything... you've found in over three years, right Minho?" Thomas asked

"Right," Minho nodded

"Newt, we gotta go back out there," he pleaded "Who knows where this might lead us?" Gally, Newt and I exchanged looks. I was torn, part of me wanted to get out here and Thomas has given us a chance.

Yet the other half of me couldn't stand the thought of Thomas getting hurt.

"You see what he's trying to do right?" Gally asked Newt "First he breaks our rules... and then he tries to convince us to abandon them totally. The rules are the only thing that have ever held us together, why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here you know he'd agree with me. This shank needs to be punished,"

Newt thought for a moment, I've never seen him so focused or in the moment. He looked between the two boys and then glanced down at me

"Don't look at me," I raised my eyebrows and handed Minho the cylinder.

"You're right. Thomas broke the rule. One night in the pit and no food," Newt explained lifting his chin.

"Oh, come on, Newt. One night in the pit? You think that's gonna stop him from going into the maze?" Gally protested

"No. And we can't just have non-runners running into the maze... so let's just make this official stating from tomorrow you're a runner," Newt directed his gaze to Thomas.

"Really? That's it. You're letting-" Gally continued

"Oh give a rest," I shot him a dirty glare, he looked around waiting for someone to dub in for him and looked back at me. I raised my eyebrows and he stormed out closely followed by Frypan.

"Thanks, Newt," Thomas spoke. I thought for a moment before walking out myself, Newt following with a concerned look. I jogged towards my hut to find the girl.

I spun around in my hut to grab the herbs only to see Newt.

"Out," I told him sternly.

"What? But-"

"You heard me Newt, go," he walked out of the hut slowly to attend to his job. I placed the herbs under the girl's nose. She breathed it and her eyes shot open. They were a bright blue, ocean-like. Panic shot through her and she dashed out of the hut not even looking at me.