Chapter 21

Going home was probably the best thing for me at the time. Although I knew it meant being away from Niall, I still couldn't have imagined a better trip back home. Seeing my brother for the first time was like nothing I had ever felt before. Holding him in my arms was something I wanted to do forever. He was so little and the most perfect thing ever. The whole time I was back home I took lots of pictures of him and sent them to Niall and put them on twitter.

The week I spent back at home I realized how much I actually missed my family. It was like now that there was a new baby in the house, everyone was finally getting along. There was no more fighting and we could all be civil. I was starting to think that maybe this new baby was a good thing.

By the end of the week I really didn't want to leave but I knew I had to get back to London and start on classes again. I wanted more than anything to take my two brothers back with me but I knew there would be no way my  parents would let that happen.

I got back and I was so busy with classes and working at the studio's that mine and Niall's relationship was starting to fade. Every week we started talking less and less and by the time they were on their second month of the tour we were lucky if we talked once a week. Our conversations would consist of him texting me, 'You alright Claire?' and me replying with 'Yeah i'm okay' or if I started the conversation, 'How's the tour going?' and he would say, 'It's great.' They would end just as soon as they started.

It really hurt me that Niall and I couldn't even keep up a conversation and it made me wonder if this relationship was what I wanted. Who was I kidding, of course I wanted this relationship, but how am I suppose to keep it up if we can't even talk. I'm suppose to be working with him in the next month on tour, and then when they get back I have to work with them until my contract is up in a year. How am I suppose to do all these things with him if we won't even talk?

On my last week with Chris I was started to get nervous that I actually had to go do these things with the boys on tour. I was glad he would be with me for the few weeks I would be with them to work me through every step of the process. It was crazy to believe that I will actually be making money and working all while just travelling and updating some band's twitter and facebook accounts. Well it's not just some band, and it's also not just updating media sites. I actually have to come up with way to promote these guys and get them out there.

"You ready to head out?" Chris asked me as we sat in the car ready to leave the gas station. Today is the day that we meet up with the boys on tour and spend two weeks with them. I haven't told Niall that i'm on my way to be with them. Maybe i'll get lucky and someone else from management has told the boys that i'll be there. It's not that I don't want Niall to know, but it's not really like we've been talking for me to be able to tell him. We haven't spoken in two weeks and the last thing that was talked about was how when I asked how their concert was, Niall told me they didn't have one that day and that I should check the schedule and know that kind of thing. I wasn't sure if he had been joking so I replied with 'oh you're right, I was looking at the wrong day' and he never said anything back.

"Yep" I replied slightly nervous.

"Everything will be alright. I'll be with you the whole time just in case you need any help." I nodded my head at this as we made our way there.

We didn't have to drive too far since the boys were only in Manchester. They were finishing up the last two weeks in the UK so we weren't too far from home. We pulled into Manchester and went straight to the hotel where the boys would be. It really made me nervous to see Niall. I hated feeling nervous about seeing him. I only wanted things between us to be perfect but they weren't right now and I wasn't sure what it'd be like to see him after not talking for two weeks.

I walked into the hotel lobby and was glad I didn't see anyone I knew. I just wanted to go up to my room and rest. I had the rest of the night off since the boys don't have a concert till tomorrow. Chris dropped me off here and was going to meet some people for supper so I started for the elevator alone. When the doors opened I noticed an all too familiar blonde irish boy in there. For a moment we both just stared at each other and i'm sure we both had fear in our eyes.

"Are you going to come in or just stand out there?" he asked with a small smile on his face.

"Uh yeah i'm coming in." I pulled my bags into the elevator. "Are you getting off? Or do you ride the elevator for fun?" This made him laugh a bit but I asked it as a serious question.

"Good one. I thought I left my phone down here, but when I was on my way down I realized it was in my pocket." I nodded my head and the rest of the ride was pretty quiet. It finally dinged signalling we were on the 5th floor and we both started to get off.

It was a bit awkward when Niall was following me but I figured our rooms were just close.

"Well here's my room." He stopped right behind me and I looked up to see room 530. "I'll see you later I guess." I put the key in the door to unlock it while Niall just stood there and watched. As I opened the door I saw a suitcase sat on the floor by a desk. I looked back to Niall who had a smirk on his face and I was confused as to why he was still standing there.

"Looks like I'm at my room too. You don't have to wait till later to see me." He walked forward a little and grabbed the door as he ushered me through. There is no way they put me and Niall is the same room, is there? I know we were still together and everything but would mangement really do that? And how is Niall okay with this after we haven't talked for the last two weeks.

I walked in and sat my suitcase by the unmade bed and sat down. Niall was making sure the door didn't slam before he made his way over to the other bed. As he stopped by it, he just stared at me while taking a deep breath and shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So did you know we were sharing a room?" I finally broke the silence that had been there while Niall stared at me for close to five minutes.

"They said once you got here we would be. I didn't know you were coming today or I would've cleaned up a little." I looked around the room and there was food covering the table and some clothes spread out but it was nothing too bad.

"It's fine. I'm just going to lie down and rest for a bit. I'm so tired." I lyed back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah me too. I'm taking you out to supper tonight though so don't sleep for too long." He looked at me and for the first time he gave me a genuine smile. The smile that I missed so much the last two months.

"Yeah, okay." I nodded and smiled back at him.

"I missed you Claire. I really missed you." Right when he said that, I knew we were going to be okay. I knew that all the doubts I had been having were gone. I got up from where I was laying and sat next to him on his bed.

"I missed you too Nialler." And with that he kissed me on my forehead and we both lied down with my body molded into his. We were going to be okay.