Chapter 14

This weeks show is the show to see who makes it to the final two. The boys have worked so hard to get here and I am amazed that they have made it this far. The past few weeks have been absolutely crazy at work. Let me get you caught up on everything that has happened.

Remember John Randy? Well I told him I would love a job when the show is over, but wanted to know who the band is that I would be working with. He wasn't quite sure yet. Him and Simon were waiting to see who won the show and looking at other bands on Simon's label to see who I would work best with. It also depended on which management job I wanted because some bands needed different positions filled. I met with John so that he could explain each of the jobs a little  more to me. I ended up taking the Advertising and Promoting manager job. I wouldn't be at the top of course. I hadn't gone to school for any of this so I had to work under someone no matter what job I would have taken. With this job I would be working with idea's of how the get the band recognized and things they could do to promote songs and albums. I would also be the person who posted on Facebook and Twitter about what was going on with the band.

I was so excited to tell everyone back home about this new job I would have. When I called my parents to tell them, they had some news for me as well.

"Hello mom! I have some really exciting news for you. I---" I had been interupted

"Claire, let me go first. I just wanted to tell you that, well, your father and I are going to be having another baby. I'm pregnant." There was a long pause after she said this. I wasn't really sure what to say. My parents were actually really young. They had me when they were 16 so that made them only 33 which isn't too old to be having a kid. Another kid though? Did they really need that? They barely were around for me and Austin, what made them think another kid would be a good idea.

"Oh, well congratulations. When are you due?" I tried to act a little bit excited.

"Well we have known for a while. We wanted to tell you in person, but we just didn't know when we would be seeing you. I'm actually 5 months along, he's due April 16th. We just told Austin last month and he swore he wouldn't tell you." She sounded so excited. How was she excited for another kid? I hope she doesn't make it stay home with a nanny all the time like we had to. Wait, did she say he? Another brother.

"You're having a boy? You said he, I just expected." I didn't really know how to respond.

"Yes, we're having a boy. But look Claire, your father and I are very busy i've got to go. See you at Christmas!" She quickly hung up before I could say anything.

That's basically how that went and I still haven't talked to either of my parents since and that was 2 weeks ago. Maybe I just won't tell them about the job since they didn't really seem to care. They had more important news anyway. How did I not find out about this? Why didn't they tell me? My mom i'm sure hid it really well so that it wouldn't be in the news. A baby brother. When I told Niall he was pretty excited and told me how much he liked kids. I loved kids and had babysat quite a bit back home, but having it be your brother was a bit different. I was glad I was having a sibling but I felt bad that the kid would be raised by my parents--no, raised by a nanny and always in the spotlight.

Niall and I have planned to spend time at each other's houses over Christmas. Since the boys made it to the top 3, they have automatically saved themselves a spot doing the X-Factor tour  when the show is over. They will have about 3 weeks off until they need to be back in London to rehearse. We decided  week at each of our houses will be fun and then we plan to spend the last week in London for New Years.

Now let's get back to what is going on in present time. Only two more days till the show where the boys find out how they did in the competition. I really think they will win. They practice for hours out of the day and Niall and I haven't been spending much time together because of it. I do get to work with them quite a bit though and they have been in the recording studio a little bit just to see what it is like. I got to go in there and work with everything which was pretty cool.