Chapter 3

I have been here a week but haven't done much yet. It's hard when you don't know anyone and have to do everything yourself. I also don't have any way of getting around. I have my license in the US but I need a new one for here. Plus I don't have a car so there wouldn't be much use. Today I was going to walk to downtown. It wasn't that far of a walk. It would be like going to school back home.

I walked to the bathroom and saw my hair was still in a braid from the day before, it looked fine so I decided to leave it. I slipped into some skinny jeans and a red flowy tank top with a pair of white TOMS. I stepped out of the house and was standing on my steps when I saw a girl pull up in the driveway of the other part of the house. She walked out and looked close to my age. Long brown hair, a little taller than me, with a cute sun dress on.

"Hi! I'm Eleanor, is that your house?" She asked me with a smile on her face.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Claire, I just moved here from New York a week ago. Do you live here too?" I was glad I had finally met someone.

"I can tell, you have an American accent! Yeah, I live here with two of my mates. Want to come over and meet them?" We both walked into her house. Theres was a bit like mine but so much more stuff. And much more color. I liked it a lot. I met her two roommates, Raya and Jaimie. They were lots of fun and I got there numbers. We decided to make a day in the next week to go out shopping. I was glad to finally be meeting people.

I knew that I needed to go out and find a job so that I wasn't sitting at home all day so I walked around town looking for anything I could do. I walked past a huge building that said 'Part Time Job Available, Apply Within'. I had no idea what the building was but went in anyway to check it out. "Hi, I saw the job sign on the window. How do I apply?" I asked the girl sitting behind the round counter.

"One moment please," she held up her index finger grabbing the phone, "Simon? Hi, we have someone here to apply for the job opening, where do you want her to go?" after a pause, i guessed he was answering her, she looked at me and smiled and hung up. "Go through those doors and someone will be there for you." She pointed to the door smiling at me.

As I went through the glass door I saw a man who looked all too familiar to me standing behind a desk. "Simon?" I was confused as to why he was there.

"Well hello Claire! You're the one wanting the job?" I had met Simon a year back when I got backstage passes to X-Factor USA for my 16th birthday. I wasn't expecting to see him there.

"Yeah, I just saw the sign outside. I didn't even know what this place was. What exactly do you do here?" I probably sounded dumb not knowing. It had to do something with music if Simon was involved.

"Well, this is the X-Factor studio for the UK show. I need someone to help with the scheduling, checking people in, and other things like that. The show starts soon so i'll have lots of the contestants in here practicing. I think this would be a great job for you Claire." He went on telling me everything I would be doing. I took the job and was actually quite excited to start.

*

After a few months of working for Simon, things were going great and I was loving my job. The auditions were fun to watch and I got free tickets to every show. I had brought Eleanor, Raya, and Jaimie to the ones that I had gone too. I was really getting along with them and starting to have so much fun in London. They brought me to a club for my 17th birthday, and although the drinking age is 18 here, I still had quite a bit to drink.

My job was about to get more fun because the people who made it through auditions were here to start the show. I was getting a chance to work directly with them which made things easier. I starting meeting all the finalists and I got to hang out with them quite a bit. I had met all of them except for the boy band, One Direction. I really had to reason to. They were 5 guys, very atractive, but pretty immature. They seemed to always have fun but they would overwhelm me I think. I'm not one to be around people who talk 24/7.

There I was one day sitting at my desk, waiting for the next person to come in for their practice time. All the sudden, three boys run in past my desk laughing and not stopping to check in. I knew the boys were Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, and Zayn Malik from One Direction so I checked in myself.

Not too soon after I saw another boy, he was blonde, and had the bluest I had ever seen. He was laughing uncontrollably and his face was as red as a tomato. Then one more came in, Liam Payne. He grabbed the blonde by the arm and brought him over to the desk. "Hi, I'm Liam, from One Direction, we are here to practice. Sorry if we are a little late." He sounded out of breath.

"You're not late! I already got you checked in, the people before you are still in there so you have a few minutes to hang out." I looked at the blonde feeling bad I didn't know his name. "I'm Claire by the way. If you guys need anything i'll be here. And you are?" I continued looking at the blonde.

"I'm Niall." His Irish accent was beautiful and I couldn't help but stare at him as he waved and walked away with a smile, his eyes still in contact with mine.

Soon they were taking to the practice room and I was left sitting in the lobby by myself. I wanted them to get done with practice so I could talk to Niall again but I knew by the time they were done, I would be off work. A half hour later, I heard someone walk out of the room so I looked to see who it was. As I walked around the corner I came face to face with this beautiful blonde irish boy.

"Hi, Claire."