GLASSES OF CHAMPAGNE AND FORGOTTEN WHISKEY

"Prongs? A refill?" Sirius edges the bottle of glistening, golden champagne towards James in a suggestive manner, his silvery eyes slightly tipsy.

James laughs, waving his hand and shaking his head. "No, no, Pads, I can't. I have a match this weekend. I need to be on top form-"

Lily snorts. "James, you have a match in five days. You can afford to have a drink or two," She rolls her eyes at her ex husband. "Your parents have Harry for the night. You can relax and have a drink, silly," She chuckles. "Come on! It's an occasion! We're celebrating Dorcas and Marlene's engagement, pet," She smiles. "You can have one. I'll let you have one, if you promise to behave,"

"I'd rather not, I'm arguably just as fun sober, aren't I, Lils?" James shrugs with a small laugh. "Mum and Harry have been knitting, you know? She says he's been getting quite nifty with it," He laughs, a smile broadening across his tanned face as he discusses their four year old.

"That's our boy, eh?"

The pair had seperated three years prior, and filed for divorced two years prior. It had been a mutual decision, but not one without heartbreak and heartache. But, for Harry's sake, they had come to the civil, peaceful relationship that they have now.

Initially, it had been for the sake of their little boy, who had only been merely a year old when they had called it quits, but now? Now, Lily is simply just James' best friend and coparent. There is no one else he would rather take the journey of managing their little boy with. Harry's time is divided between James' apartment and the home that James had requested that Lily keep in their divorce.

Little Harry doesn't seem all too phased by the change. In fact, James reckons he rather enjoys it, considering he is allowed to stay up a little later when at Jamea' apartment, only if he does not tell his mummy.

The muggle house phone rings suddenly and Sirius stands to answer it. "Hi, Euphemia!" He smiles cheerily.

"My mum?" James questions, raising an eyebrow at his friend. "Is...is everything alright with Harry?" He asks.

Sirius holds a finger up to silence James as he listens. "He fell off a broom? I...James said you were knitting!" He almost laughs. He pauses. "Yeah, well, I do know Fleamont, so that makes sense, alright,"

Lily rises to her feet. "Sirius? What's going on?"

Sirius, however, does not reply. His expression dims as he listens to whatever it is James' mother is saying on the other end of the phone. "Hold on, hold on," He utters quickly. "What?" His face grows ashen, ivory white, his cheeks somehow no longer rosy from his brief champagne indulging.

"Padfoot-"

"James, just a second, please," Sirus silences him. "And you're sure? Euphemia, you're completely sure?" He asks, his voice half weary, half fearful and frightened. "Yeah, well, I know we look similar, but it could be someone else, couldn't it?" He squints, pausing again. "No, no, alright. I'll be right down there," He hangs up.

"Sirius, what's happened to Harry?" Lily asks quickly, her voice heightening in pitch. "Is he alright? He fell off of a broom?" She questions rapidly.

Sirius shakes his head. "Harry's fine, Lily," He reassures, reaching for his coat. "He's just had a few stitches," Sirius turns to James. "Your dad bought him a broom," He tries to chuckles. "Poor kid doesn't know how to use it yet," He begins putting on his coat and it is almost like every single person in the room is simultaneously questioning it.

"Then where the fuck are you going?" Peter questions, nodding to Sirius buttoning up his jacket, as he sips out of his champagne glass. "To piece back together the damn broom, mate?" He laughs.