GREAT UNCLE ALPHARD

Regulus slumps against his bed, feeling sorrowful and self pitying. He sighs softly, reaching for a pillow to haul over his face, whether as a release or perhaps self inflicted suffocation.

Dinner had been so much more than a horrific, terrible mess. His parents are still unpleased with him, still brooding and perhaps still startled and shocked by the news. His mother barely looks him directly in the eyes anymore and his father seems to only look at him with saddened eyes.

We had so much planned for you, didn't you see that?! You have ruined the potential, Regulus, you've ruined the Black legacy. His mother had cried those words at him and Regulus had had no idea what kind of response would have been accepted by his mother's rage. So he had simply said nothing.

We were counting on you, Regulus! Not...not to create problems. Your brother already disgraced us enough, honestly, I...I would have expected this from him-

Orion had silenced her then, had told her to perhaps lower her voice as he looked upon his youngest son's weary face.

Regulus had never preferred his father more.

Sirius has been gone for almost two years and it never has gotten better living here without him. Especially not now. There is still that Sirius sized void in the house that Regulus is sure his mother doesn't mind filling with elitist pureblood ideology.

Regulus had felt queasy throughout the entire duration of dinner and the sight of the dinner that had been produced turned his belly completely. He barely ate his food, something he is sure that James won't be pleased with. He has a headache and his back is sore and his baby will not stop their kicking. He can't focus on eating when his head feels like it may just bloody explode at any given moment. Regulus figures he must savoir his time with his head still in tact upon his skinny frame.

There is a knock on his door and he slowly removes the pillow from his face, eyeing the door suspiciously. Regulus clears his throat. "Come in?" He offers, uncertainness lacing his voice.

The door opens gently, so not Walburga then. Uncle Alphard appears in the doorway, a small, saddened smile graced upon his wise face as a greeting. "Regulus," He greets.

"Uncle Alphard," Regulus retorts, sitting up a bit, placing his pillow to the side.

"Can I come in?"

"I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing that's happened this evening," Regulus responds with a sigh. Bellatrix sneering as his father told her father of Regulus' pregnancy was perhaps the worst event to occur upon this very evening. Aunt Druella had spat her drink back out into her glass, that may take the cake of being the best to come of the Black family dinner.

Alphard smiles with a nod, stepping inside the room and shutting the door firmly behind him. He slowly approaches his nephew's bed, easing himself into sitting down at the edge of the bed before clearing his throat. "Quite the dilemma you've got yourself into, son," He says softly.

Regulus shrugs. "I didn't want mum and dad to tell anyone," He says meekly. "Especially not at dinner,"

"Your father thought it would be best to let Cygnus know about your situation-"