THEY DIDN'T KNOW

James looks at his boyfriend with weary eyes. "I can stay home, y'know? Sirius can just take my shift-"

Regulus shakes his head, waving him off. "S'just a tummy ache, James. I can handle it myself, I'll be fine." He says softly, Hus hot water bottle pressed into his belly. "Besides, there's no way Sirius would take your shift for you, idiot."

James rolls his eyes with a smile before dipping forward to peck Regulus' cheek. He gives his waist a reassuring squeeze. He steps back and takes in his boyfriend's rosy cheeks. "Take care of yourself, love, I'll be home as soon as I can be, get some rest," He instructs. Regulus smiles as he watches James step through the floo.

He decides to run himself a bath. Regulus turns the tap on and immediately begins to pour sweetly scented lotions into the water. He loves the lavender one that James' mother had gifted him a while ago so he uses that one the most. Soon, the bathtub is piled high with bubbles and smells so sweet, Regulus could sniff it for hours on end.

Regulus begins to remove his clothing, pulling James' band T-shirt over his head. He had had to start using James' clothes recently, all of his seemed to have shrunken or he had simply expanded, Regulus still isn't sure.

With a sigh, Regulus tries to avoid his reflection before submerging himself in the aromatic water. The hot water feels nice around his aching skin and he let's his hands clasp against his pudgy belly, as if to will it to stop cramping so much.

His belly had grown larger in recent months and Regulus hates to admit that maybe his metabolism isn't the same as it had always been. He seems to no longer be able to keep a healthy figure, his abdomen curving outwards and swelling slightly.

The cramps were a new thing, though. Regulus has only been experiencing those since this morning.

James had been a nice help, though. He had rubbed the aching away as best as he could but eventually, James had to go to work at the ministry. He promised to be back before it got dark, just in case Regulus' belly became even more unsettled.

Regulus sighs, letting the water consume him as he kneads his fingers into the swollen skin. "Christ, I need to diet." He murmurs to himself. He isn't quite sure how James is still attracted to him, he feels embarrassed at his sudden weight gain. Regulus had always been slim and narrow, but now he was swollen and soft.

Regulus closes his eyes to rest for a moment but that moment of rest is interrupted by a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. He cries out. "F-fuck," He whispers, clenching his eyes shut tightly as he plasters his hands to his belly.

He hisses in agony as soon as another cramp hits him. They're sharp and unforgiving and are coming way too close to one another. Regulus reaches for his wand and quickly casts a patronous to send to James.

It simply reads; Cramps aren't going away, I'm scared.......please come home.

Regulus grips the sides of the bathtub as he feels a particularly harsh cramp ripple over his body. He let's out a groan, feeling his face growing sweaty and red as he feels something move inside of him.

"O-ow," Regulus grits, arching his back as another pain strikes him. He wheezes painedly. "W-what's happening to me?" He wonders out loud, speaking to nobody but himself. He feels doomed. James has been gone for less than half an hour and Regulus is already imagining how much he's going to traumatize James if his boyfriend comes home to find him passed out in their bathtub.

He groans loudly, gripping his belly as something seems to possess him to push against the pain. With his face burning up with heat, Regulus feels pressure building between his legs. He gasps for air as he finishes pushing.