VALENTINE'S DAY

James awakes to the faint smell of toast. Well, not exactly toast; maybe a little sweeter. French toast. Ah, that's it. One of his boyfriend's specialities. James rolls over with a slight smile on his face, curling deeper into the warmth of the sheets. He opens his eyes slightly, noticing that Regulus is, indeed, gone from their bed.

A few moments slip past and James has almost drifted back into his light slumber when the bedroom door cracks open a bit more than Regulus had left it. "Morning," James says raspily as he glances up at his lover.

"Morning, love, how'd you sleep?"

Upon further inspection, James spots a tray in Regulus' hand and he smiles softly. "I slept quite well, for once," He says with a roll of his eyes. "Baby boy was content and calm last night,"

"Good," Regulus chuckles as he sets the tray down on the nearby bedside table. "Here, brought you some tea and toast, some strawberries too but only if you eat the rest of your breakfast first," He jokes.

James smiles, taking in the tray and it's various contents. The tray holds a mug of tea for him and a black coffee for Regulus. The French toast has been crafted to be a heart shape and James just about melts. The strawberries are also chopped neatly to resemble that of hearts.

"You made everything look so nice," James says gently, sitting up a little to take his tea as Regulus passes it to him.

Regulus sits on the edge of the bed, sipping his coffee. "Mmh, it took awhile, but I got there in the end, eh?" He smirks.

"Here," James reaches over to his boyfriend with a piece of French toast. "Have a bite, m'love," He grins. He holds it out for Regulus to take a tiny, Regulus sized bite out of it. James takes his own little morsel out of the breakfast. He hums. "Delicious,"

Regulus laughs softly. He takes a long sip of his coffee. "I try," He teases. "How're you feeling this morning? You're gonna pop any day now, y'know," He offers a soft grin. He reaches out, his long fingers gently stroking James' belly.

James muses at this, placing his hand delicately over his boyfriends. "We're good. We've been fed and treated to strawberries as dessert, trust me, we feel great," He says firmly. "Don't we, baby boy?" James inquires but their son is too sleepy to kick on command.

Regulus pats James' bump with such love. "Happy Valentine's Day, sweet baby boy," He says with a slight hum. He looks up to James, leaning in for a gentle kiss. "Happy Valentine's Day to you too, you tosser,"

"Hey, watch it I have morning breath," James whines.

"I quite literally have coffee breath,"

James smiles as he presses his lips to Regulus'. He smirks against his lover's mouth. "Mmh, sugarless coffee, you barbarian,"

"Not everything requires sugar, James," Regulus snorts. His hands cup James' baby bump lovingly. "Some things are sweet enough already,"

"Don't be so corny, you're gonna make me regret ever introducing you to muggle holidays, silly boy," James laughs. He pops a heart shaped strawberry into his mouth before doing the same for his boyfriend. He sighs happily. "I really do love you,"

"Love you too, hon,"

It is later that evening, the couple have curled up on the sofa, beneath numerous woolen blankets, in order to watch a silly little lovesickened muggle movie to conclude their evening. Usually, they don't celebrate Valentine's Day. That being said, Jamea and Regulus might have headed out for a drink in the evening to mark the day in years prior.

But this year is different. This year James is heavily pregnant and Regulus' heart is even more full than it had been the past four Valentine's Days that they had spent together.

Regulus rests his head in the crook of James' neck, his hands sprawled gently against James' belly. "Who do you think he'll look like, eh? You or me?"

James considers this for a moment. "He could surprise us, he could look like Sirius," James pauses. "So, essentially, he would look like you, in that regard,"

Regulus snorts. He sighs happily, closing his eyes as he gently kisses James' jaw. "I hope he looks just like you,"

"Unfortunately, darling, I've been counting on him looking the spit of you," James hums with a small, teasing smirk. "Just so I can have two of the most handsome, grey eyed boys in the world under one roof," 

"I'm gonna tell Sirius you said that," Regulus chuckles, tracing small hearts over the skin of James' bump.

James laughs. "You were right earlier...I am gonna pop any day now," He rests his hand on the other side of his bump.

Regulus nods, humming quietly. "The sooner, the better," He says, reminiscing. "I can't wait to meet him," He adds.

"Neither can I," James responds. "He's going to be everything we've ever needed,"

"That and so much more,"

"You're going to be the best daddy to this little boy, you know that, don't you," James says softly, he isn't asking, his eyes fixated on the muggle television they'd bought solely for wholesome nights like these. "Happy Valentine's Day, Reg,"

"Happy Valentine's Day, James, darling,"

AUTHORS NOTE
Would you believe that this time last year this book didn't exist and neither did Cannonball? That's so crazy to think about! This one shot is just over 900 words! Its very short and sweet. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 💟 consider this my Valentine's Day gift to you all! 😋💋💖