A DRAFT I THOUGHT I'D SHARE (feel free to skip)

NOTE
this isn't Harry Potter themed in the slightest and for that I'm so sorry but I have to put this somewhere. A few months ago, I ESS reminded of one of my favorite films as a child; Cemetery Junction. It has so many parallels with the Marauders and is essentially a modern day AU of the Marauders. Feel free to skip out on this chapter or if you do decide to read, imagine the characters as Harry Potter characters. This is over 12760 words long! It's a wild ride, I highly reccomend you watch this movie whenever you can! I'm very, very very nervous to publish this, so please no hate! Thank you all for such wonderful support. Stay safe! 😁💝💟💗😋

***

"Shit," Bruce curses softly. Cursing, in a sense, may not ever be used softly, but as of now, Bruce can't find any other way to present, nor express, the foul string of curse words that are escaping past his lips.

He gazes down at that irritatingly mocking pink plus sign. He's pregnant.

"Jesus Christ," He mumbles half heartedly, finding himself fumbling with the small piece of plastic within his long fingers.

"Bruce, erm, are you okay-" His dad cuts himself off quickly. "Everything....um everything alright?"

Bruce shakes his head. Everything is most certainly not alright. He isn't all that okay either. "Everything's fine!" He snaps back, his voice sounding much fiercer than he feels. He regrets his snapping instantly. "Uh...m'fine," He replies, less firmer this time.

Since discovery his mother's 'betrayal', rather than the betrayal he had originally thought his dad to have threaterised him with, Bruce has been working on treating his old man a little less crueler. He never locks himself in the bathroom, he's never home to do that, so he can faintly sympathize with his father's inital concern.

As he twirls the positive pregnancy test in his hands, Bruce sighs. He can hear his father's retreating footsteps. Now that he has pregnancy on his mind, he's begun to understand the slight aching in his chest, the sickness, the loss of his muscle definition that had seemed to disappear ever so slightly. He has to tell Freddie, he supposes. He has to inform him of what their brief few nights of rendezvous' has resulted in; eighteen plus years of whatever is to come.

They hadn't meant to do it. It had been an accident that had just kept happening. A drunken urge that suddenly became a sober yearn.

Bruce doesn't feel anything for Freddie that isn't platonic, he's sure about that, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been fun and exciting and something to wake up for, something solely between the two of them; their little dirty secret, underneath their duvets.

***

Freddie's face falls, his entire expression faltering within mere seconds. It is almost comical. Bruce usually would poke fun at this, tease Freddie mercilessly about his quick change of expression, but right now? Now, after he's shoved a pregnancy test that decides their foreseeable future? Now it isn't all that humorous to Bruce.

"I...I don't understand," Freddie stutters, staring at the test, his eyes flickering between Bruce and the slim item of plastic.

Bruce shakes his head. "Well, you're the one with the fancy little job, I thought you'd have figured it out without my input," He can't help but snark.

"But...but-"

"But nothing. I'm knocked up, whatever. It's whatever. Forget about it. I'll see you whenever I see you," Bruce shrugs as he begins to stroll away. He isn't really feeling like casual conversation. He's had a long, hard and, quite frankly, exhausting morning of his most present symptom of pregnancy; morning sickness.