Explanation

I arrive back at the base, bewildered that my hypothesis was correct. I kick a rock and it goes sailing into the trees. A few minutes later Peter emerges. "Oh lord." He says. "That's amazing." I look at him in disgust, then realising that I would have made a rash decision as well if I were in his shoes. "I forgive you." I say sarcastically. "For what?" He eggs me on. I just smirk. My heart is no longer 200 beats a second, therefore my power is gone, making it impossible anyway to do anything. We put an arm around each other's shoulders and walk into the base. The lost boys are all strayed around the house somewhere, when Peter calls them into the dining room. "It's time to have a meeting." He announces as everyone clusters around the table. "As you know yesterday, Alex was wounded and nearly killed by Dreamshade. But, not only were we lucky enough to get her back alive, we also have an extra help now. Alex, would you like to explain?" "Absolutely." I step forward. "The way Dreamshade works is actually to improve the senses. Lacka berries are already one of the best energy sources on the island, and with Smees added technology, they have been made even better. The only thing to look out for is overdose, or having a Dreamshade berry straight. It's too much for your heart to handle and you would die from the amount of energy pulsing through your body. Since I had water with my Dreamshade, it worked its unintended course. In short, Dreamshade is actually a power-berry." I get blank expressions back. "So do you have powers now?" Max says. Of course the youngest is the smartest. "Well, basically, yeah." "Can you show us?" All the others chime in. "The thing is, I would, but to get the Dreamshade activated is to have it absolutely racing around your body. To do that your heart needs to be uncontrollably beating." I get shrugs and sideways glances. "What next?" I look at Peter.