Fixing fingers

Turns out the little boy who told me not to listen to the other boys earlier cut his finger whilst preparing dinner. I walk down and his red eyes see me. He runs up and sticks his bleeding finger at me, with a big frowny face on. "The boys said they would fix it but I want you to." He blubbers. "Ok, I will, but first of all I need to you to stop crying, can you do that for me?" I ask in my sweetest voice. He stops but his bottom lip is trembling. "Good boy, now can you wipe your tears away?" He messily smears his face but luckily no more tears come. " I want you to give me a BIG smile now ok, can you do that?" He does a huge smile, showing all this teeth. "Excellent." I say ruffling his hair. "Let's get that finger fixed." I clean his finger with some water and cover it with a clean piece of cloth. Then I kiss it better. "Um, we sort of have another problem." Felix kicks the floor with his boot. "Does it include me?" I ask. "Maybe. You see, Tink usually cooks us dinner and she's away tonight. We were trying to prepare dinner and that's how Max cut his finger. Can you cook?" Felix looks at the roof. "That may be a sexist question, but yes, of course I can cook." I say. I walk over to the kitchen when Max follows me. "Can I help?" He looks at me with puppy eyes. "Yeah sure, I'll teach you." He skips off to the kitchen with me.