Chapter 14- Personal Bodyguard

I made my way towards Neymar's room, but a swarm of guards were standing by the doorway, guarding it.

They immediately moved out of my way when they realized it was just me. I lightly knocked on the ice door of the prince.

"Come in." I heard a breathy moan say.

As I slowly turned the doorknob with my hand, I furrowed my eyebrows. "Neymar?"

"V?" He let out a sour cough.

As I approached Neymar, who was lying flat on his bed, I shut the door behind me.

I sat my ass on his hard ice cold bed, reaching out my hand to run my fingers through his curls. "It's going to be all right."

Neymar lifted his head off his bed and leaned it into my lap. "Is it Venus? Is it really?"

As I took in his beautiful features, I sighed. It was undeniable that Neymar was attractive. He had eyes as bright as the sky, soft, chocolate-colored hair, and a few facial beauty marks. How could a man this perfect be suffering so much?

"Talk to me."

"Mhm." The prince murmured.

"Pretend I'm your therapist. Just talk to me."

Neymar let out a sigh. "It all began when Yue was born. She had an unknown illness as an infant, being still and quiet as though asleep, my parents feared she would die. As her condition was critical and the tribe's healers, could not cure her, my father prayed to the Moon Spirit in desperation and placed her in the tribe's Spirit Oasis. The Moon Spirit gifted her with parts of its own life force, saving her life and turning her hair white as a side effect. Thus, my parents named her Yue, for the moon."

Wow, Yue was truly a gift from the moon spirit and you could tell. I slowly ran my thumb over Neymar's cheek, encouraging him to continue his story.

"The attention of my parents were always directed toward Yue. I always thought there was something wrong with me, was it because she was the youngest? Did they not like me enough?"

As I thought of my mother, my eyes started to water. Since my father died, she treated me so cruelly. I didn't matter to her. She didn't care that the men she would let into the house were abusing me sexually. She looked after herself only.

A tear slowly shed from my eyes as it hit Neymar's nose. Neymar shivered from the tear. I swiped the tear away from his nose as I apologized. "I'm sorry, continue."

"One day when I was ten my mother and I had a huge argument. The next morning she had died from complications of Yue's unknown death. This pained my father, he had completely shut me out saying it was my fault that she had passed away. He only paid attention to Yue's fracial self. I was basically raised by my personal guards whom you must have met outside my door."

I blink a few times, nodding my head.

"A-a son needs a father," Neymar struggled to say. "I needed him and he shut me out."

More tears slipped out of my eyes as they poured over Neymar's face, but he didn't seem to mind, he reached out and cupped my cheek, whipping my tears away.

"One day, I thought that my mother's death was strange, how could she pass away from complications of Yue's birth ten years after? It didn't make sense to me. I got some DNA work done and it was comfirmed it was an overdose."

My breath hintched. Suki always warned me if I continued my bad habit I would die from a drug overdose, but I never believed her because my mother was constantly high on drugs and I had never seen her overdose.