CHAPTER 35

SLIDE.

Despite your hazed state, you were able to fully get what Chishiya had said. You knew that he was practically capable of anything, so his words were much more than an empty threat.

With all the connections that he could have in this world, you really couldn't rely on anyone else to keep a secret. They could relay it to Chishiya for all you know. And with the condition you were in, you could do even less. It's not like you were carrying any of the guns with you.

You walked beside Chishiya, heading towards the direction of where the fireworks were coming from. Surprisingly, the doctor didn't go to any extra measures with you, but you knew better than to just look at the surface. He was for sure coming up with something, he was just able to hide it extremely well.

"Do you really think that people will believe that I'm okay when I'm with you?" You doubtfully asked him, before you clutched your torso from a wave of sharp pain. "I'm sure they'll think that you've done something."

Chishiya smirked. "Looks like that drug also replaced a few of your brain cells."

Ignoring his comment, you both continued down the main road to the center of Tokyo. It only took a few minutes before you reached the intersection.

Both of you stopped and the board immediately lit up. It read 'next stage.' Everyone was looking up at the sign. Shortly after, you heard Arisu and Usagi's voices behind you. The fear you felt was enough to keep you quiet, and you pretended to not notice the duo behind you.

The sound of an airship engine started, and it grew louder with every second. You looked up and noticed a large gray airship that flew dangerously close to the buildings. The sound of the engine rumbling was almost ear deafening now. Below the ship hung a large card that was made up of many small pieces of what you assume to be cloth. Together, it put together the card of the King of Spades.

You could only assume that this is how Mira was designating the game arenas now.

"None of the games have started yet." You could hear Arisu's voice.

Usagi spoke next. "Maybe we still have time."

"Or they forgot to push the big red start button." Chishiya snickered.

You couldn't help but add your own thoughts to the conversation. "We are going to be doing a lot of running."

Someone started to speak, but was quickly shut up when there was a deep rumbling.

Everyone turned to the sound of the rumbling. It was surprisingly the sound of cars. That meant that the beach people were approaching, and they were alive.

They stopped the cars in a way that it surrounded you all.

"What is this?" Arisu asked one of the members who stepped out of their cars. "What are you doing here?"

"We saw the blimps show up." He explained.

A female but in. "There are rumors that the next stage is starting."

"Right.." Arisu turned behind him. "Here's the thing—"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence. An explosion blasted the man's head off, effectively killing him.

"Huh?" Her body was shot next.

As more bodies began to explode, more people came to the realization of how dire the situation was.

"A rifle." Arisu mumbled.

You moved backwards, and heard Chishiya's voice softening as the distance between you two increased. "That thing's an anti-tank rifle."

As you ran away, following Arisu  you realized that you were basically throwing yourself in death's direction.

The four of you eventually made it to behind a bus stop. Three of the 4 people were panicked, but Chishiya was still nonchalant.

"Did they give us any rules or goals?" You asked everyone else.

Arisu led the 4 of you further away. "Without rules, this is just a massacre. That rifle can kill from a kilometer away."

The rifle fire continued, and then the sound of a machine gun firing started.

"Damn it, I recognize that sound. Now we've got an assault rifle. We have no idea how many there are." Arisu was peeking from behind the stop.

"There could be more than one shooter."

"There's only one." You turned down the idea.

Usagi turned to you, suspicion expressed clearly on her face.

"We need to move!" Arisu grabbed Usagi and they both started running.

Chishiya tried to get a hold of yours, and you let him. There wasn't any time for you to complicate things.

You weren't sure why you were filling Arisu, but seeing how he was apparently a god at video games, you trusted his judgment. Everyone charged through the smoke left by the explosions. You followed everyone up the stairs and onto the Highway.

With the gunfire shooting a few feet in front of you, you cursed and ran the other way. Now you were separated from Usagi and Arisu, Chishiya followed you in the opposite direction.

The both of you were quick to find a car that you could hide behind. You were also pretty confident that the king wouldn't be able to see you from where you were too.

"Huh. He must be the King of Spades." Chishiya theorized after looking up at the airship.

You peeked behind the car, and found Arisu peeking behind his hiding car as well. "Hey Chishiya, Arisu is right across the road."

"We don't need to be with them." The doctor beside you said.

He handed you something. "Take this. It's a good luck charm."

You looked at the weird van that Chishiya had handed you. It was red and there were several wires connecting to a small red nub at the top. You came to the conclusion that he had handed you an explosive of some sort.

"How did you make this?" You asked him.

He shrugged. "I can make anything, but only use it if you have to."

You pocketed the explosive and shortly after, you heard the sound of bodies falling against metal. After turning your head, you found Arisu and Usagi behind the car next to yours.

Before any words were exchanged, the king shot a round of gunfire.

You heard the sound of a car engine approaching. Looking from behind the car, you were able to see an older model car approach. The tires squealed and the car came to a stop. You could see Ann and Tatta from the front of the front car window.

The passenger side door opened and Tatta poked his head over the roof. "Get in!"

"Tatta!" Arisu screamed through the gunfire.

Ann rolled down the window and glanced at you, Usagi, and Arisu. "Don't just stand there!"

Rapid gunfire shot on the road as Arisu and Usagi ran towards the open door of the car. You followed behind them.

"Run!" Usagi screamed.

Chishiya pulled you back and ran the other direction. "Go! There's a bomb!"

He threw you behind one of the cars before jumping and landing beside you. "Shit."

__________________________________

I think some of my typos are so common that it's like skipped over by the thing that checks spelling

Vote if you enjoyed the chapter <3

P.S. I want to write a fanfiction for bluelock but idk shit about soccer/football