CHAPTER 15

SLIDE.

With your dad being an ex-marine member, he taught you a few tricks here and there before he passed away.

After tucking the phone into the vest. You used the S-Wrap technique that you were taught, you managed to reach the top of the rope. There was a platform which you swung yourself onto. The voices of those who were still climbing the rope began to quiet down and turn into screams as the sound of bodies thudding began more common.

Ignoring the sound in the background, you made sure to focus on what was in front of you. There was around 16 minutes left on the clock, and from what you can see so far, everyone has the same obstacles, only the orders are different.

The first one in front of you had hundreds of yellow and black wires hanging from a rectangular frame. By just the looks of it, you could tell that what was about to come was not about to be delightful.

You took a steady step towards the wires, and a bucket of cold water was dumped onto your head. The water soaked your swimsuit and the phone you had on hand.

There was 15 minutes left and you had no idea how much time was needed for the other two obstacles.

'God. Mira is such a fucking bitch.'

You clenched your fists and sprinted through the wire infested path. The shock that traveled through your body felt like millions of things piercing through your body. The few seconds that you were in the mess of dangling wires were the longest few seconds of your entire life.

Once you made your way through the first obstacle, you felt slightly dazed. Before you started your next obstacle, you stood still and tried to reground yourself.

Behind you, you heard the people that now made it onto the platform. They exchanged a few words amongst each other before making their way through the obstacles in front of them.

Since they didn't seem to call out for you, you decided to just move on by yourself. The next obstacle were metal monkey bars. The silver bars were spaced out to have what seemed to be around two feet of space in between each set of two bars.

You haven't played many club games, but this one seemed oddly physical. Then again, it was a world that you weren't familiar with, anything goes. With a jump, you reached towards the first bar and grabbed onto it successfully. You looked below you and your eyebrows raised significantly. The bottom was in complete flames, anyone that was still trying to climb the rope had to be dead by now. That also meant that if you were to slip and mess up, you'd die a rather painful death.

After turning your attention to what was in front of you, you realized that the distance between the bars wasn't as significant as it was before. You weren't sure if your eyes were deceiving you, but you carried on anyway.

The number of bars in front of you only decreased as you got closer to the next platform. Your hands began becoming a lot more sweaty with each bar that you held onto, but you were determined and refused to take a moment to try to dry off your hands.

"13 minutes left."

With the last bar, you slipped. You had one more bar to grab onto before you would've made it to the next platform. 

________________________

Why is this chapter so short wth

I might upload another because its only 500 words