CHAPTER 14

SLIDE.

"Registration is closed. There are a total of 12 participants. The game will now commence once the instructions are given."

You gazed around you, half the game participants were members of the beach. No matter what the game is, at least a few of them will die.

"Game: 2 way death . Difficulty, 4 of clubs. Rule. Find a partner to complete the challenges with. Clear condition, both players must survive in order to beat the game."

You checked your phone for further instructions. The screen read 'take a photo of your partner to confirm.' The choice was easy, and funnily enough, Chishiya took a photo of you to register you as his partner right once you diverted your eyes from the screen.

"Damn, who Said I wanted to be your partner?" You joked.

His face remained neutral, but with the way he was staring at you, you could only take back your joke. "Sorry."

"That's what I thought."

He turned to face a large table. On top sat heavy looking body vests. You walked over to the table and took one. The vest tightened once you slipped your arms through the armholes. Caught off guard by the sudden addition of weight, you fell backwards. Chishiya was able to react fast enough and catch you moments before you fell to the ground.

"Sorry." You apologized, rebalancing yourself.

He accepted your apology before grabbing one of the vests himself. "I won't fall, do I look that clumsy to you?"

His teasing voice caused your face to flush. There wasn't anything you could say that could be used to defend yourself. 

Chishiya saw the light red that tinted your cheeks, he couldn't help but feel a sense of achievement to know that he was the one to make you feel like that.

You watched him put on the vest. Everyone else followed the two of you, grabbing a vest and putting it on.

"Go to the assigned color station. The circle on your phone should match the buttons above where you'll be standing."

Your friend turned his phone to show you his blue circle. In exchange, you showed him your red circle.

Everyone did the same with their partner and began to separate to their corresponding color.

Chishiya walked over to you, and placed a hand onto your shoulder before whispering into your ear. "Be careful."

You watched as he made his way to where all the people that were assigned blue circles were. That left you to go to where you needed to go as someone who was given a red circle.

"The game will now commence."

Suddenly, a hook flew down and latched onto the back of your vest. You felt your body begin to get lifted off the ground. Your head jerked to the people beside you. The same thing was happening to the rest of the red circled people. Beside you, people broke out into fits of panic, screaming and thrashing, trying to stop the hook from continuously pulling them up.

"In front of you is a rope. You must climb the rope to reach the top. Then make your way through the obstacles while helping your partner. Only the groups that are able to finish within the 20 minute time limit will pass the game."

You looked down and noticed that the ground looked much different. There were separate cubbies, one for each person.

"This will be so easy." You heard someone next to you snicker.

They jumped down and landed in their cubby before the top was quickly covered. Everyone could hear the man's airy cries for help. It sounded like he was being suffocated. This settled even more panic into people.

Amidst their cries and prayers, you noticed someone who began to climb the rope. As soon as they had their body handing on the rope, the hook immediately retreated, leaving only the person on the rope. The poor girl begged and cried for help, but got nothing.

You decided to go with the only choice you had. The rope was thick and rather strong, so you were sure that you wouldn't fall. What you did notice however, was that the rope felt slightly waxed. In industrial use, it most likely wouldn't be much different if it was waxed or not, but in this situation it could mean life or death. You felt the hook unhook itself before being pulled back into the ceiling. After a deep breath, you decided to go through with it.
_______________________________
Gotta thank that one person for telling me to publish ANOTHER chapter LMFAO

NOTHING REALLY GOOD YET THO SORRY