CHAPTER 13

SLIDE.

You turned to him. "What do you mean?"

"During the silence when we walked over here; I could sense that something was wrong."

"I'm fine, just a bit worried I guess."

He placed a hand onto your shoulder and lightly patted it. "Just stick with me, we can live through this together."

Water began to form around your eyes. For some reason, you weren't even sure why you started crying, perhaps it was the fact that so much information was given to you today. However, even so, you were so grateful to be able to be friends with someone like Chishiya. Maybe he wasn't the most emotionally intelligent, but he would always try.

"Thank you so fucking much."

Without warning, you buried your head into your friend's chest. Soft sobs escaped your mouth as you clutched onto Chishiya's waist.

The male froze. He hesitated before he wrapped an arm around you and ran his fingers through your h/c hair. The doctor knew that he wasn't the best at comforting, but he would go to the ends of Earth just to comfort you and make sure you felt safe.

You were in his arms until you managed to bring yourself to stop shedding tears. As you pulled away, you felt instantly guilty once you noticed the dampened part of his jacket. Your apologies were rushed.

"It's fine." His voice was calm.

You aggressively wiped away your tears, and took a deep breath. The last thing that you wanted to happen was to get caught in public crying.

"Let's go inside. Maybe we can get lunch." You stood up and waited for Chishiya to follow you.

It's been several hours and the sun was about to set. This indicated that games would be starting soon. You and Chishiya have been together for the whole day, with Kuina joining the both of you for conversation every now and then.

Craving something to drink, you made your way to the party area.

When you first walked into the room, you were met by blasting music that could nearly deafen you and countless people making out. Colorful disco lights lit up the entire place, and the floor was crowded with people dancing and cheering.

"Well isn't this quite the place?" You looked awkwardly around you.

Your friend shrugged and walked over to the bar area. Surprisingly enough, there weren't many people huddled over there. Only a handful of people were there, sitting on the stools drinking. You followed him and ordered a cool glass of water. While the bartender prepared your glass of water, you sat down on the chair right beside Chishiya's.

He requested his drink from the bartender as you let your eyes wander around the place. As if today wasn't shocking enough already, you spotted Arisu with the female climber you met while in the game of tag.

"Hey, Chi-"

The sound of horns blaring interrupted you, and you heard someone in the large crowd holler. "Hey, it's game time!"

The crowd cheered even louder after hearing that.

Your friend turned to you the whole time, silently observing your reaction. The cute expression on your face when you were confused, only made him only yearn for you even more.

Everyone rushed out of the room, so you quickly grabbed the glass of water that the bartender had just set down and walked out the room. This left Chishiya to have to wait until his drink was complete, and seeing as you weren't with him, he rushed the drink maker. Once he got his hands on what he'd ordered, he ran through the door to look for you.

Luckily for him, he was able to find you within seconds. The male walked over beside you, drink in hand as he took a sip. It caught your attention, and you turned to him and gave him a quick smile before turning back to Hatter.

The boss had the whole beach cheering for him, and he was able to silence them with a swift motion.

His executives stood behind him while he leaned over the balcony. "Comrades! Tonight brings us a new challenge. And my soldiers never back down from one. This challenge is a war against your own fear. Individually, each of you has the courage within to play; to battle and win. And when you stand united as one, nothing can stand in your way. Together, we will get the cards we need to return us to our old world. I know that you will get there!"

The crown roared again, all cheering him on. If you hadn't known better, you would've cheered him on too. Hatter was definitely made to give speeches, he's naturally great at sugarcoating.

He gave one last phrase of encouragement before stepping away from the balcony. This left one of the members to tell everyone to get to the car with their number.

You were unsure if it was Mira's doings for just a mere coincidence, but you had been placed in the same game as Chishiya. Pushing your luck, you decided to ask Kuina, who just happened to be approaching you.

"Yeah, I guess we got different numbers." She fidgeted with her fake cigarette in disappointment.

You decided to then ask Arisu, who you found standing still with the girl from earlier. While engaging in a small talk with the two, you found out that the girl's name was Usagi and she would be playing a game with no one she knew. Arisu would be in the same game as Kuina.

As the small chat was happening, Chishiya and Kuina stayed by the door.

"What's wrong?" The female asked her ally.

"We were together in the last game."

"Why? Those two?"

"Yeah. Maybe we could use them. They could fit into my plans."

The longer the doctor watched you chat with Arisu and Usagi, the more jealousy filled him. He heard a laugh from you, and that was enough for him to walk over to you and drag you away. Of course he masked the urgency with him claiming that he was worried about the possibility of missing the car. This left the two that were left only giving each other the same look of confusion, but brushed it off and eventually headed their own ways to the cars.

Back at the door, Kuina was able to tell that Chishiya felt some way towards you. He began acting incredibly out of line once you joined the beach. She noticed that he had an incredibly obvious soft spot for you.
_______________________________
I love you guys so much wth

I haven't read over anything, but a few things are coming up

How are you expecting the story to end though 🤔🤔