Anna-Chapter 15

"Lyssa" I called out just as a clap of thunder rolled in. Shit it was pouring now. I saw her run off into the darkness and I contemplated following her...I couldn't the hurt was too fresh for me to even consider that. I was about to start walking back into my house but something stopped me...it was like all the memories of us came flooding in no matter how little we had we still...we still had some. I started to run after her but decided against going after her in the pitch black pouring rain with no shoes on. I ran back into my house and grabbed shoes barely putting them on before I started to chase after her. It was hard to find my way in the dark and I felt like I was stumbling around for hours until I eventually reached a familiar street sign and made my way down the row of houses. I had so much time to think about what to say to her...what she was going to say to me but my mind was just...blank. It was like I couldn't feel emotion anymore I was too tired to cry, too tried to be angry, and too tired to care I was just...blank. I reached her house after walking for ages. The rain started to pour harder just as I caught a flash of lightening. I noticed a truck in her parking space which was odd...Lyssa never drove a truck. I also saw her door ajar and proceeded to push my way in. It was completely black almost darker than outside. I heard a loud slam coming from her bedroom followed by an ear curdling scream. I was horrified. It was Lyssa. At this point I thought it was some sort of home invasion. I dialed 911 and gave them her house address. I rushed to the bedroom even though the operator told me to get out of there. I couldn't just leave her in there with some random person. I shoved open her bedroom door and to my horror I saw her lying there, her shirt was in pieces with a boy...a boy standing over her his fist raised. I screamed out "No!" and shoved the boy to the side. Lyssa was still conscious and had tears streaming down her cheeks. I saw a few small cuts on her body and a gash on her forehead that was pouring blood. The boy quickly got up and tried to start fighting me. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pushed me into the wall. He growled "well well well you must be her "next best thing" huh?" This had to be Justin. Next best thing? Had Lyssa told him that and that's why he was here. I shoved him as hard as I could but he barely stumbled back then proceeded to shove my head into the wall. I heard Lyssa cry out as my vision started to fade. I heard police sirens getting closer. "Go to fucking hell." I told him. He punched me even harder this time blood ran down my neck. Suddenly the pressure around my neck was alleviated as I felt his hands grow looser. He stumbled backwards with shards of glass in his forehead. Behind him was Lyssa. Poised and ready to hit him again only this time with the sharper edges of the bottle. He fell to the ground smacking hit head loudly against the hardwood. "Get up and get the hell out Justin...you and I are done." Lyssa stated. He looked up at her like a wild fucking animal. I was still standing there blood pouring down my neck. "You have to press charges." I murmured. "I will but not right now I'll do it on my own terms." She said. "The cops..." I whispered. "Gone I told them to leave." She said. I stumbled away from the wall and touched the back of my head. I felt blood running down my scalp and I knew it was a concussion. He had hit me pretty fucking hard. Justin got up and started walking out. It was only until the engine of his truck started to fade as I saw Lyssa's eyes turn from strength to weak. "Lyssa..." I murmured. "Leave Anna you are only going to make it worse." She said with her back turned to me. I reached out for her and she jerked away. Ouch. That one hurt and I think she could see how much it did because her eyes softened. "I can't deal with you tonight Anna." She said her voice cracking with the pain. "Deal with me? I'm not your chore Lyssa." I grunted. "No Anna your not but I'm not your fucking babysitter." She shouted. "Why did you leave...why didn't you ask me...you just fucking left Anna...ran off like a child instead of having a goddamn conversation with me like a mature human being." She said softer this time. "Your right." I said stiffly. "I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT ANNA I WANT YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG." She screamed at me. I was shocked with her outburst. Too stunned to speak I just nodded. She threw her hands up in frustration and anger. "Get out just...just get out." I obliged this time knowing that fighting her wouldn't help. I got to the door and looked over my shoulder. She was staring at me with a blank look on her face that I just...just couldn't quite read. I walked out the door and was instantly covered with rain. It poured onto me as I walked away from her house...from her. I got to any empty street with a streetlight and just stood there. I felt like I was stuck in a scene from a movie. The character gets broken hearted but they reconnect...could Lyssa and I have our movie ending...our fairytale ending. I wondered. Rain was still pouring when I heard some ones feet slapping against the wet concrete. I was so worn out that I just figured whoever was coming to kill me may as well. I turned around to face whoever was running at me but was taken aback when I was met with Lyssa's beautiful face now covered in raindrops. She grabbed my face and pulled me towards her. "I love you Anna...with all that I am I love you...you have my entire heart...you have every little piece of me."