Anna-Chapter 22

Oh my god. She's dancing. With zero flow to be clear and the people around me are giving me and her hell for it. She's a shitty dancer but that makes me even more attracted to her. Oh god she's up there trying her best to go with the flow and shimmy and shake but she looks stupid. Here I am with a dumb grin plastered on my face and my eyes unable to look anywhere else. I've been locked into her gaze the whole time I didn't even notice it was time to go. We got to the last period and I waited for a text from her but none. I decided to text her good job and congrats but it didn't go through. I didn't worry...I won't worry I've already assumed wayyy to much about her it's time to give the benefit of the doubt. Her phone probably died since I doubt she got home last night for more than an hour or two. I saw her bandaged shoulder and worry infested my brain even though it was clear...the bandage of a tattoo. Why did she get a tattoo? It makes me giddy to see her so happy. She was practically glowing. I can't wait to see her tonight. I told only my four best friends about us. Not about us having sex or anything only a few details about how she gave me permission to call her my girlfriend. We were girlfriends. Shit what are we gonna do about school. Double shit what are people gonna say it'll be so much worse for her than for me. She's a senior though she's...graduating...in three months. Where is she gonna go? Will we stay together or long distance. She was long distance with her ex so surely she's comfortable with it...though she wasn't really comfortable at all with him. God I feel fear and bile raising up in my throat. Thinking about that sort of thing makes me want to vomit. Thinking about Justin makes me want to vomit even more. I don't hear the bell ring but am tapped by me best friends brother Jake. "Hey Ava kinda spaced out but the bell rang, you going to band?" He asked me. I shook my head "no I'm not actually in jazz band yet and I'm meeting someone." I said. He nodded knowingly. And just like that he pushed the door open and left me alone in the classroom. I slowly stood up not really knowing where the hell I was supposed to meet her...if anywhere. But I had to see her so I guess the best thing here to do was try...after all she was my girlfriend. It made me really really happy to think that. To know that. She's mine. All mine and I will never ever let someone like Justin touch her again. Not as long as I'm here. I walked out the back exit to find her car and I saw her leaning on the hood in her sexy...sexy cheer uniform. She smiled as she saw me walking over towards her. She engulfed me in a huge hug whispering in my ear "I missed you so much." I just smiled and sighed into her arms. She felt so good. Even though she was only maybe and inch taller than my I still felt like I was standing on my toes to hug her. She looked deep in thought when I pulled away...but that was just her. She was always thinking about something. I looked at her shoulder. She smiled and started to peel the plastic off to give me a good look. It was a rose...my favorite rose a dark red one with a small heart petal. She didn't even have to explain because I knew. I knew exactly what it mean. It meant us. She had put me there with her heart forever. She wanted that forever. She started up her car as we both climbed in. I didn't even ask where we were going because wherever it was I would go. I'd go to ends of the earth for Lyssa. My lyssa. So beautiful and strong...making it through everything. And now I had her...and she didn't have to face any of that alone. Never again would I let her face the world...such a dark side of the world alone. She turned up the radio to a Taylor Swift song and we both started singing our hearts out laughing and cackling the whole way back to my house. Both the parents weren't there so we could do whatever we wanted...and I knew what I wanted. I wanted to have dinner with her and then I wanted to make love to her all night. Because I can't stop looking at her...loving her...every little part of her every little flaw and scar etched into her skin and ocean blue eyes. Her smile and her silly poses during the songs. I wouldn't get a drop of sleep tonight not with her in my bed. Her calling my name...moaning for me...me...she wants me and I can never doubt that. I can never doubt her. The song ended and the next one played as we pulled into the driveway. I got up and got out in a rush to open her door for her. She was a slightly surprised but I saw blush creeping up her cheeks as I offered my hand to her. In hopes she'd taken...and never ever let go.