Lyssa-Chapter 9

I am such an idiot. Why did I even text her. She's gonna be so creeped out as to how I got her number. Luckily I had finally learned all her friends names so I just went up to one of them I think it was Emma or Emmy something like that. Her response was almost immediate she texted:

Anna: Hey?

Me: Hey sorry it's Lyssa I was just checking in on you didn't want you to feel weird or anything.

Anna: Nope no weirdness not every day you get kissed by a girl in a bathroom

I could tell she was being sarcastic and it made me feel even worse. I didn't understand though. Wasn't this was she wanted?? Did she not want me to kiss her. Then I got the worst response imaginable

Anna: I don't think we should continue this...you have a boyfriend and we don't even know each other so its probably best that this thing doesn't continue.

She referred to our kiss as a "thing" she must have hated it more than I imagined. I was so hurt that I just texted back "k" and blocked her number instantly. God she must really hate me. And the whole boyfriend thing...she was right I did have a boyfriend but honestly I barely acknowledged his texts anymore. We didn't hang out and I was pretty sure he was gonna dump me for that Josie chick he had been seeing on the side. Obviously thinking about that hurt but Justin was no more now it's...well I guess it was Anna. I wished she had just given me a chance to explain everything. Sure it would have been pretty complicated but if she had listened to me then we could have worked this out. She probably kissed me and realized that I wasn't good enough for her. I thought we shared a passionate kiss but to her I guess it was just some other thing...For the next three days I avoided the hell out of her. I didn't show up to any of our second period classes because I knew I would see her. I couldn't handle seeing her after what she had done to me. I wanted a chance to talk to her but the wound was just...to fresh for me to consider that possibility. She was walking alone today but a few people came up and acknowledged her one of them was even happy to see her. None of them I recognized but I figured she had more than four friends. I remembered back when I didn't know how fake everyone was...back to when I was happy and Avery actually lived here. God I missed Avery I needed to call her soon so that I could catch up with her. I hadn't even realized thinking about all of this made tears form in my eyes. I rushed down the stairwell and pushed open the back door of our school. I breathed out a sigh of relief as I trailed over to a bench. I couldn't be caught crying at school...that's insanely humiliating and I refuse to be that embarrassed. I threw my bag down next to me as I plopped into the bench. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my contacts to find Avery. She probably wouldn't be in class she was graduating early and had way too many free periods. I found her number and called it hoping that I could vent out some of my frustration to her. I got a short text from her explaining that she was at lunch but would call me as soon as she got home. I shot a quick "K have fun call me later." and shoved my phone back into my bag. I had the feelings of being...watched. I nervously looked around until I saw her. Anna staring at me from the other bench right across from me. I hadn't even noticed her. I'm such an idiot how did I not see her. Better question how the hell did she get out here-when did she get out here? How long was she sitting there? I realized I was still staring and quickly broke eye contact with her. I grabbed my bag and headed back towards the door I had came out from. Anna called out my name but I didn't turn around. I couldn't face her. As I got to the door and pulled the handle to let myself in I turned around and saw Anna...she looked so lost. So broken. I just couldn't believe that she might feel...she might feel just as heartbroken as I do.