Chapter 62

Evan was running all through the night. Every step felt like he was forcing his way through heavy ground.  He was scared to even think of the different possibilities. He just needed them alive.

He could feel his brother's presence. His mate's scent, Celine, Karina and Markian too. And a stranger. He felt as if he could almost sigh in relief.

Then he saw Markian standing beside a tree. Shivering. Evan followed his gaze

In the clearing near the river he saw Kevin. Kevin leaped at the stanger but the half-reptile was faster, he snapped his serpentine tail at him, sharp movement like a tendril flowing as jt slammed down his mate with so much force that the cracking of the bones could be heard.

Evan saw his brother prowling towards the creature stalking forward   with his Sister and Karina.

As much as he wanted to ask Markian what was wrong. He couldn't. He felt himself running towards the clearing.

He jumped with grace, slams himself flat into its legs, sending it tumbling.

Evan stood before the Ravager King, but the creature didn’t falter. Evan could swear he had broken one or two bones but the half-reptile didn't look bothered. The creature still with his half crazed expression charged straight into him, and the impact send him to the ground.

He landed pinned and half-crushed under the winged beast. Massive talons slammed down over his head and face, leaving him stunned and still.

Then the creature lifted him up into the air by the throat. Evan scrabbled at his captor’s arm, choking and gasping for breath.

A growl escaped Kevin's throat at the site of his mate. Kevin looked around him, noting Devon doing the same.

"We split up and attack," was the thought running in their minds.

But before they could blink, could react, Evan shifted, his Wolf grew in size, larger than before, fur bristling. He broke away from Dellert's girp and stood before them. Growling at Dellert. He didn't wait long. Before running at Dellert and chomping at his wings.

Devon could feel the ripping of flesh.
A scream filled the air and then the thick scent of blood.

Celine gasped there was something even more inhuman about the way her brother moved. Like he wasn't himself anymore.

Dellert was screaming at his half torn wing. And Evan turned to look at his family.

Karina stilled, and Kevin couldn't look away from Evan. his eyes were pitch black, his teeth sharp and jagged. He looked like a monster, like giant  mutated wolf.

The screams didn't stop then. As much as Kevin wanted Dellert to suffer.He was more worried about Evan.

Kevin didn't think about his next reaction, he ran towards his mate.

He stormed in their midst, his expression anxious. He was uncertain and worried. His mate looked monsterous and he didn't knew what to think.

Devon felt it when Evan laid his eyes on Kevin and then at them, tired, injured and bleeding. He watched his little brother's eyes widen, He watched them harden without any lingering softness. He looked angry. Devon could feel Kevin confusion and frustration. This was what they wanted to avoid. Evan's wolf dwarfed Kevin neared him. But Evan looked away from him. At his prey, at Dellert, and the way he looked it was a strange, disconcerting feeling.