Chapter 30

Kevin sat on the chair looking at the blueprints of the irrigation system. He needed to talk with Devon. As goofy and lazy he was. His ideas were great just like his brother. Evan was already working so hard, He had worked with Markian and the elders regarding the electricity with hydrolytic energy from the river for their settlement. Kevin couldn't ask him for more. With everything upto date he was slacking a little. He wanted to change that. Mainly to lessen his mate's workload and also due to Devon's laziness.

Thinking about his mate brought back his longing. Of that white hair, of those pretty red eyes looking at him and smiling, and their intimate moments. It has been only a few hours since Evan went to Celine's place. Still Kevin couldn't help but miss him.

Then there was a creak, and footsteps approached as if running. Markian came rushing inside. His face angered and dejected as came face to face with his Alpha

“A coup." His Gamma's face was red and angry as he held himself from rampaging.

“What?"

“A coup,” Markian said.

“Elder Bella and a few others are heading a coup against you.” Markian kept his head bowed low on the floor. “I can't kill them, They are ”

“Markian get yourself together”

“But they are pack. We are a pack,” Markian said as he sat on the floor, shaking. “They want to kill you and Luna.”

“Where did you hear?,” Kevin asked,as he stood up and walked towards his Gamma and rested hand on his shoulder. His mind spun, trying to understand what Markian was saying. “Come on, up and explain it clearly.”

Markian shuddered, but he allowed his Alpha to guide him to sit. “Sasha was there. And Elder Bella along with Pete and Harris”

“Okay” Kevin said, “I will take care of it.”

“Yes, but—”

“They are doing a crime, they have to be punished.”

“Yes,” Markian said, drawing in a deep breath. “They don't want Luna Evan it seems and with you supporting him they are considering you a threat too.”

Kevin shook his head. “Yes I know but we can't have them do that. Thankyou for telling me. Now I will need to call for a counsil. Don't forget to call Devon and Celine too.”

“But Alpha,” Markian protested. “Its our packs matter.”

Kevin glared at him

“Markian? We joined the packs not just allies”

Markian met his eyes, head high, and unwavering. “I don't agree to this .”

“Markian…”

“Our pack will be ridiculed,” Markian said, voice clipped. “Our Elder is involved ”

He pulled some papers from his sleeve, passed them to Kevin.

“These,” Kevin said, ashen. He looked at the writings, letters recieved and sent to the ravagers. There were no names, but anyone could guess it still. That it was for kidnapping of Evan.

“They are after Luna,” Markian confirmed. “But for that you need to be killed.”

Kevin cursed. Looking at the letters. It was promised that the pack will be left alone after Evan is delivered to them. And how they want Evan without any attachments. That is to kill Kevin Devon and Celine. Kevin swallowed. The ravagers were already acting. And they were coming for Evan. They even fished out Elder Bella who held a strong resentment for Evan. Strong enough to kill Kevin too.

“This is huge. Markian you want me settle it within the pack?”

Markian sighed. "If word gets out. Our pack will be held responsible”
He hesitated for a beat then continued. “They won't back out. They are after Evan. It's Elder Bella now later it will be someone else. So_”

"You want me to give him up" Kevin exhaled.

Markian said sharply. “Our people are just paranoid. And you knew sooner or later Evan will prove a threat to the pack. Everything was going well then he turned out to be your mate”

Kevin blinked. “Markian?”

“I—” Markian struggled. " I am sorry, I am frustrated,and angry, and I don't know”

Markian cut off and could not say anything further.

Kevin could see Markian looked more stressed about something else than the coup. That Evan was only the added oil to an already hot fire.

“The coup is not yours,”Kevin said. “The coup is whoever decided upon it and betrayed the pack. They even mixed with the Ravagers.”

“Elder Bella,” Markian said promptly.

“And I will deal with her,” Kevin said. He should have known. Elder Bella had been a pain in his side since the beginning. That she would approach the Ravagers made his blood boil. 

“About Evan we will talk later”

“I know,” Markian said,“I just…”

"It's okay, you were frustrated” Kevin assured.

“And the Ravagers?” Markian asked, not letting go of that either.

“I will have to talk with Devon and all the other allied Alphas,” Kevin said, honestly.

“Of course,” Markian said. “I will always follow you Alpha. And I will respect you every decision.”

“Well, It's my greatest Honour to have you,” Kevin said,. “But where did you get to know about it? It's not like Elder Bella approached you”

“I saw Sasha and Pete going out of the compound at night several times. I followed them yesterday when they entered the compound again. They met Elder Bella and gave her an Envelope,” Markian replied. “And I sneaked into her office and stole the letters.”

“Mark—”

“I had no choice,” Markian said, purposely misunderstanding. “But it turned out to be a betrayal.”

Kevin pulled him into a hug " I can never thank you enough. Not only for the pack but also for my mate. Thankyou Markian . I will be forever in your debt" he said.

Markian pushed his Alpha away and smiled. He couldn't understand what he should do and what he should not.

But he couldn't betray his Alpha ever. Even if it meant saving Evan.

When Markian left Kevin pondered. It was serious. He is to be assassinated. And his mate is to be abducted. He couldn't have that.

He quickly asked for messenger wolf and sent him to fetch Devon and Celine.

He also ordered him to prepare a small troup for in-pack ambush.

The Ravagers have to wait. But Elder Bella, Sasha and the others weren't getting out of it.