Chapter 25

“Kevin”Stefan called as soon as he saw his brother entering the office.

Kevin nodded at his brother as he sat down waiting for his council members. He didn't even know where Stefan was with all the mess.

"Where were you " he asked his brother. Stefan laughed.

"I was at Sebastian's, no need to worry brother I am alright" Stefan said .

“Speaking of Sebastian, how is he?” Kevin asked.

“I don't really know ,”  Stefan says crossing his arms and glaring at nothing.

“I am well, thank you for asking ,” a voice said, sounding exasperated. Kevin frowned, Stefan was glaring at Sebastian as stood near the door way. There was clearly something going on between them

Kevin sighed. The elders have already arrived he could hear their voices in the hall way. And it will be only a matter of time before Devon and Celine arrives. The talk with Sebastian has to wait for a bit longer. And also Stefan

“Shall we begin?” he said finally, and standing up. “Here is a draft for the alliance with the three packs that have decided to join us. That is the Foxglove, White Carnations and Crimson Desert Pack .” Kevin strode closer to the table in the middle pausing beside Devon and holding out the papers.

“You already prepared without our input?” Celine asked.

“Celine!” Devon reprimanded.

“It was your brother, and my mate so I don't think there will be a problem” Kevin said

Celine's eyebrows raised, and his lips twitched, just a little, clearly she was proud.
Sebastian turned away with a scowl, stalking towards the table and taking a seat. He spread the papers out in front of him, and started to read, scanning through their contents. As he worked through them, he passed them to Markian to read, who in turn handed them to the Elders last was Devon and Celine.

It was a good treaty. It was fair. There were no loop holes, no hidden clauses. Both Markian and Stefan approved. Devon and Celine looked proud even the Elders seemed impressed.

Elder Daniel put the paper down. “Its a good treaty we agree to it, but what about mmmmm elders,” he asked.

“We don't have elders in my council. They are advisors. My coucil consists of my Beta, Gamma, Celine my mate Kareena and now Steven!” Devon said enthusiastically. “So, then when should we send this?,” he went on as he signed in the page with read Signatures of the Alphas.“Kareena insisted on taking Evan with her”

Kevin pursed his lips, frowning down at the paper as Devon slowly pushed it towards him. “Why Evan needs to go" he asked. He didn't wanted to send his mate to some unknown territory as an envoy.

“ Kareena said that he needs to be there you know for exposure, you know about his reputation so she says that it is a better choice to show them how wrong they are” Kevin reluctantly agreed and signed his own name next to Devon

Admittedly, it was Evan who had come up with the treaty. Today it was only agreed to discuss the plans regarding the treaty. The packs had taken their time and had sent their approvals to join only a week ago. And this morning after their emotional talk Evan had presented him the treaty. Kevin was shocked. Devon had always told him that Evan was brilliant and always ready. But to this extent Kevin was speechless.

He had asked his mate to join him but he was told off. Evan was truely a bewitching proud creature. Kevin understood that. And he will ask him again as soon as he asked all his council members.

Now, watching everyone impressed by his mate's proposed treaty, he felt immensly proud. So if his mate wanted to go as an envoy he would let him. He would deny him nothing.

"We hope that the packs agree as well with the treaty" Elder Bella said taking everyone attentions.

“Offcourse they will we are giving them land and protection as well, they have already agreed to join. Now what is there not to agree.!” Devon said slightly offended. “My brother if he had prepared the treaty surely he would have planned about the buildings and security, it's only a matter of time before he comes to Kevin and Stefan with his ideas!”

“It wasn't my intention to offend you Alpha Devon,” Elder Bella, still “I am merely stating a possibility that might happen. This is why you should have elders on your council,” she said a bit haughtily. “My advisors willingly retired they said they were old horses who have finished their races. I would like you to not belittle my "young" council.” Devon said politely but he was clearly on edge

“Elder Bella, it's not nice to provoke young blood ” Elder Jasper exclaimed and  Elder Adelle rolled his eyes.

“But Elder Jasper.” She started.
Kevin cleared his throat.

"Clearly you are trying to make it difficult Elder Bella" Kevin spoke as he looked at his friend apologetically.

Devon just rolled his eyes. Dismissing his anger. It was too much. He didn't wanted the elders to create any conflict later.

"Thereafter tomorrow we will be sending four envoys to the packs to deliver the treaty. Who are you willing to send Devon? " Kevin asked.

" Kareena my mate and Steven will want to join her, so I think that will be from us" Devon said

"I will talk with Evan and Stefan will join them as well he is good as negotiating. And if Evan doesn't go Sebastian will go along with his mate" Kevin said leaving no room for any disagreement and concluded the discussion. Stefan couldn't tell what his brother was thinking.

Soon after the elders had left Kevin asked Sebastian to wait.

Stefan frowned he could imagine the turmoil his brother was going through. Stefan at some point himself wanted to strangle his mate.

But they really needed to talk it out. Stefan decided to help his brother and asked Devon and Celine to accompany him to visit Evan.

And as if on cue Markian too decided to follow them.