Chapter 7

When the day of the wedding came. Kevin was nervous. He didn't know why It felt a little ridiculous that he had never even met his intended once. Sebastian looked as if he was dunked in vinegar. Whereas Steven looked on top of cloud nine. Dressed in white suit he looked glowing.But Kevin couldn't care less about his attire. He hastily wore the black suit that Stefan had brought for him. Stefan gave him a look that meant he was still upset about his decision. Kevin heaved a sigh. It was for the pack and his little brothers. He has to do it.

The wedding was taking place in the Lunar Shrine outside their complex. The Foxglove's Envoy and a representative of the Crimson Desert Pack were also attending the union.

His pack was settled and ready to start the ceremony early and to say that Kevin was excited would be a stretch, but he was definitely antsy.

Soon he saw Devon and his mate Kareena in the front seats along with some elders. Celine and Evan were nowhere to be seen. He frowned. That bastard was still playing hide and seek with him.

He waited inside the shrine. Nervous and angry. But soon Celine Rickson joined him in her black suit. Steven had left his side to walk with Evan.

"We meet again brother-in-law" Celine grinned. Kevin smiled "Not yet " He said. " Keep my Ev safe Kevin, I am counting on you" Celine said squeezing his shoulder. It wasn't a threat just a small warning.

Kevin felt dread in his stomach. But as soon as it came all thoughts evaporated away as he smelled the sweetest smell coming from her. He frowned his mate was here. He was here somewhere. Goddess he was betraying his mate. Even though he didn't want to. He felt nauseus all of sudden.

But he was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of the doors opening, and soon enough the two omegas were stepping into the sacred shrine. Kevin's breath hitched. The boy looked out of the world. He was so beautiful that Kevin felt like dying. When their eyes met his felt out of breath. Ruby red eyes stared back at him. And the smell reaching him was divine. His hair white, face pale,with red lips and red eyes. So beautiful, so sexy that Kevin could take him there and then. Fuck the De- Evan wasn't lying. He coudn't say him that again. He woudn't ever.

Evan was his mate. And Kevin was about to do something horrid to his mate. His stomach churned thinking that he actually wanted to kill his mate. His knees close to giving up.

His beautiful mate who had suffered so much. Only he knew about his mate's pain. How can he be a Demon?. Noone could understand the pain he felt. But it was always there with Kevin. He had been so wrong.  He indeed looked different but he was so beautiful. Kevin was wrong. And Stefan had been right.His mate had been judged because of his looks.

Kevin felt the urge to take his mate and hide him away from everyone. He felt so confused with the possessiveness within him. His mate smelt like sweet lilac. His heart dropped thinking that he might have lost his mate with his own foolishness before even knowing him. Even if he was stronger than most of them. Kevin mentally swore to keep him safe. So that he doesn't looses his humanity.

"So thats the Demon Bride" Sebastian whispered so that only Kevin could hear. Kevin gasped. No he wasn't he wanted to scream. No so long ago. He himself was calling his mate a Monster. Goddess. He could kill himself. Tears pooled in his eyes. He couldn't letting this absurdity to continue. He needed to fix this. He needed to save his mate.

"Close your damn mouth Flint " Celine muttered and stepped forward to take Steven's hand in hers.

Kevin quickly composed himself and stepped forward. Taking his mate's hand in his. Goddess the feel gave him soft sparks. Kevin smiled at him totally whipped.

Evan looked at him shocked. He had expected Kevin to flinch. Not a smile. He was sure Kevin hated him. He still didn't know why Kevin had asked for him. He was ready for the rejection. But then again Kevin had asked Devon for him. It is okay for him to expect. Can he be loved by someone other than his family. Evan smiled at his mate. Taking in his cinnamon smell. It was comforting.

The elders gathered around them and the ceremony began.

They were asked to scent each other. The mating mark shall be kept for the privacy of their wedding night. Kevin felt his fingers burning as he traced his mates face before scenting his throat, his nose lingering a bit longer. Tonight, he would be married to his mate. And he didn't even know untill he saw him. He was so consumed by hate that he had forgotten that Evan was a person too. If he hadn't been his mate. Kevin would have made him regret living. Shame pooled within him. He was despicable. He was saved from committing such a grave sin. He could only be thankful to the goddess.

Kevin kept praying and thanking, they bowed together and offered the flowers to the moon goddess at the alter. Different Beast tribes worshipped different Gods. Wolf people worshipped the moon and water.

Kevin needed to correct his mistake. But his mate shouldn't know. He will be devastated and Kevin didn't wanted that. He was pulled out of his thoughts by a gasp from his mate.

And flowers started raining on them. They were startled as petals of lilac and roses were thrown on them like confetti. Devon smiled and whistled. Sure it was his work. And Kevin couldn't be happier.

The people cheered and clapped but Kevin's heart dropped. His pack had approved, they had approved of the plan to restrain his mate. He sensed Evan shifting. There were cheering but some people looked at his mate with contempt. His mate flinched.

Kevin felt his heart constrict. The raw pain he felt was enough to see through his mate's expressionless facade. His mate knew all along about the stares he received. He probably knew what other people talked about him. And that pained him. Has he been subjectied all his life? Was he judged by his own pack too. Kevin looked at his mate's face. Emotionless and unfeeling. What an exceptional mask to hide the pain he was feeling. Tears pierced his eyes without thinking he squeezed Evan hand in his and pulled him closer. His mate gave him a confused look unaware of his emotions resonating with Kevin.

Kevin too had judged him based on his looks. Believed the mask he put upfront.Kevin drapped his hand over his mate's shoulders. The rumoured Demon a few foot shorter than him flushed with his face red. In all white and Kevin drapped over him with a blushing face. Evan looked so vulnerable and young . Kevin was hiding him away. He was sure of it.

Sebastian couldn't help but scowl. This wasn't supposed to go this way. And Kevin looked way too smitten. Wasn't he waiting for his mate. That made his heartache. Sebastian had to spend half his life hearing to the nonsensical blabbering of Kevin about his heartache and his mate. What had happened?. Had the Demon enticed him in a way. He stared hard. But he felt his mate staring at him with an unreadable expression

"What?" Sebastian asked,

"You look jealous," Stefan said, simply. "Go out and cool yourself"

Sebastian looked at the pair again. They had completed the rituals. The only thing left was the consumation. Which will happen today after the banquet. He left sick. And an urge to vomit. Kevin was getting married. It was bound to happen one day. He knew that. But Kevin deserved more than than Demon. His eyes connected with the Demon who looked back dead in the eye. Sebastian scowled.

But then he saw Kevin glaring at him. He was taken aback. What in the hell happened. Was this Demon also a witch or something. And Kevin was scowling back at him He looked at him in shock. Kevin rarely glared at him. But he was today. Sebastian felt his heart break.

"Come," Sebastian said, taking the Stefan's hand in his pulling him outside the Shrine. He needed some release

"What in the world? " Stefan shouted as he was pulled away. "Shut up and follow me. You aren't needed here your siblings are married now, please me little mate" Sebastian sneered at Stefan. But he didn't notice his mates crestfallen face and unshed tears.