XLIX. "Yes!"

The day you were born, is supposedly the best day of one's life

The day you were born, is supposedly the best day of one's life. I can say that it was the worst. I'm sure of it, because I know damn well the baby version of me would never have wanted to be in my situation.

My guards open the door to the cemetery, and my heels clack against the wet concrete. There was a storm last night, giving the graveyard an eerie vibe. I help Eden off the car, and nod at the guards, signalling them to not come with. I can handle going to see a dead person. I grab Eden's hand and walk with her towards a specific grave. I've neglected coming here last week, so I'm planning to spend the rest of the afternoon here.

"Mama, can we go eat some heart shaped pasta after?" I look down adoringly at my daughter, with a little smile on my face. "Yes, we can, Mei Vida. Do you want me to carry you the rest of the way?"

"Yesh please!" I pick her three-year-old self, and continue walking the rest of the distance, while hearing Eden babbling to herself. It's been almost 4 years. Four years after that fateful day. The day where I let the love of my love down. The day where no amount of training could have prepared me for what happened. But it's been 3 years since Eden, my ball of sunshine entered my life. I named her Eden, because her father was my garden of Eden, a person I could come to, no matter what.

I come across a familiar marble tombstone and pull a face of disapproval. I clearly want to keep going, but I can't rob them of my daughter. As much as I would like to kill them once more-

"Look love, mami and papi" He head rises from my shoulder, and she instantly lights up. "Hi mamy, hi papy!" I smile at my girl's antics, and continue walking forward, to the secluded area. I put Eden on the bench and take a deep breath.

"Darling, stay here. I'm just going here okay" I look at her hopeful expression, and mine falters. I can't believe that once I was as hopeful as her. I once was a sunshine in people life. That I was once someone's world-

"Mama, I said I promise!" Eden snaps me out of my thoughts in her soft giggles. I smile back at her and take a deep breath. It always feels scary when coming here. Like, you never know what to expect. I look back at my daughter, looking at the scenery, and playing with her hair. I look back to my front and read the tombstone, with a sigh.

Here lies Acelian Laurent Armani

An amazing son, friend, and fiancé

19/02/1997 – 14/02/2023

"Far from the view, but close to the heart"

"Hello darling, I know you're probably mad at me, and you have full reason to be, I didn't come see you for two weeks. I just..." I take a breath. "I... It's the first time I've come here without having what I'm going to say in mind, and I hate it."

"I come here to unload and vent all about my week, but nothing's really happening lately. So, I'll just tell you about how I've been feeling. And I hope you're grateful, because even my own bloody therapists don't know about this. Here goes."

"I still haven't gotten over your death. It was my fault. I should have known, with the amount of training that I've had, that the bullet wasn't to kill anyone. I should have never let go, and I blame myself every day for it. But I hope you saw how I avenged you. That was fun, watching my parents burn to their deaths. I think I'm a little pyromaniac. I love the flames, so much that when I got my new house, I made sure to have a functioning fireplace. The new house is beautiful you know? Not a white picket fence, but it's what you always wanted. A big, brick house. Also, can you tell me what cologne you used to spray on you? Your clothes are starting to lose their scent. It's the only clothes that I will let myself sleep with."

I smile a little, thinking about how he made my nightmares subside, because he was sleeping in my side.

"Right, you can't tell me, you're dead" I chuckle at the irony of asking a dead person for their cologne.

"Emporio, by Giorgio Armani" I still, upon hearing the familiar voice. I shake my head at my hallucinations, there's no bloody way I just heard my dead fiancé.

"And no, your mind is not playing tricks on you, Mei Vida" My eyes widen. No, it can't be. I slowly turn around, and the sight in front of me confirms my suspicions.

"But how? You're dead" I try to stop my emotions of getting the best of me and put my cold exterior back on.

"There was water, underneath the cliff" His figure is leaning against a tree, looking at me with an undecipherable look. I take another step forward. And another. And another, until I'm standing face to face with him.

"Are you really alive, Acelian? Are you back?"

"I'm right here, and I'm not leaving anytime soon" Those words were enough to make me fly into his arms in a bone crushing hug. The force of my hug sends the both of us to the floor. I'm holding onto him, as if he's going to fly away, and he's holding me as it is he can't believe I'm real. I lift my face from the crook of his neck and smash my lips on his, putting all my emotions in the kiss. It's been so long since I've felt his lips on mine, yet I still remember the euphoric feeling. He kisses me back with even more urgency, as if he waited years to do that. I mean he probably has but like-

I pull back, reluctantly and gaze at his handsome face. He gives me a tired smile, and I subconsciously find myself smiling back at him.

"I missed you-"

"Mama! Mama! There's flash! I'm scawed! I don't like it!" I look up at Eden that's running to me, with fear in her eyes. I scramble up to my feet and catch her in a hug.

"What happened, darling?" I instantly put a hand to my back pocket, where my gun is safely kept. Tears start streaming down her face, and I start getting more worried.

"There was a flash in the sky, and it scared me." My expression softens, and I let go of my gun. "Love, that was thunder. It sometimes happens here, and especially during storms." I look up at the sky. "And it seems like it's going to rain, darling. We'll leave soon" She nods her head back and forth, signalling that she understood.

"Who's this?" I hear Acelian ask from beside of me. It clearly startles Eden, who instantly turns and smile. So innocent-

"Hello!" I look between the two for a second, before sighing. They look so much alike-

"Acelian, Meet Eden. Your daughter." His eyes widen for a second, before looking at me, and looking at Eden.

"We have a Child"

"Yep, a whole child" I watch as his face softens when Eden walks up to him and hugs him. He wraps his arms around her, and rubs his large hands on her back, and the sights warms my heart. We are snapped out of the moment when a drop falls on the tip of my nose.

"Let's go Eden" I put my hand out for her, but she doesn't even take it, she just clings unto her father like a koala, and he obliges, picking her up. I shake my head and stand up, dusting myself in the process. I grab Acelian's hand, the one that's not busy, and I lead him out of the secluded area.

Looking at my little family, I can't help but smile. I finally realize something my late sperm donor told me. "You can't have love, and be a good mafia leader", he had said.

But the truth is, you can. I'm the most powerful mafia in the world right now, and I still have my daughter, and fiancé, and we're heading back to our house. Everything that prick said, was a lie. I am the living proof, since I have everything, I ever wanted. Love, and power. And I can't wait to have a future with both of them.

-------------------------------------------------

For those of you that needed closure 😒🙄

(not me acting like i didn't need it as well.)

Head to the next chapter for a final goodbye!