XLIII. "I'm fine."

I am near the bridge, and I see Kat's motorcycle in the mirror

I am near the bridge, and I see Kat's motorcycle in the mirror. Good. She's coming on the bridge with me. I make my way to the bridge, where three cars are waiting. I park my bike, and step off, glaring straight at the cars. I expected someone to come out at soon as I had stepped out, but nothing. The cars are still. I decide to start walking toward the middle of us, and Katalina pulls out her weapon, concealing it until it's time to attack.

I walk along the side of the first car, and Kat does the same, for the opposite side. I don't see anyone in the car yet, so if there's no one in the car, where are the Italians?

"Ahhh, Miss D'Alarie, or should I say, soon-to-be Mrs. Armani" I look out from the back of the car to a man, dressed in assassin clothing, holding another man with his head bowed. "Must I say you know how to dodge a bullet, And you look prettier in person"

The person he's holding raises his head and looks at me. It's Acelian. "Let him go. He has nothing to do with this."

"Oh, but he does-" His speech is cut off by Katalina's bullet goes flying through his head. Acelian drops to the floor, and I run over to him, supporting him. I then page Sio through my earpiece.

"I'm moving, follow, but don't shoot" I then help Acelian stand up, and start walking with him deeper on the bridge, until we get to the end, on a little balcony. I let go of the heavy man on me, and he takes a while to catch his balance. But when he does, he looks at me with guilty eyes.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here? You could have gotten killed!"

"And leave you alone? Not a chance, Mei Vida."

"That's not an excuse-" And suddenly, two black shadows jump from under the bridge. The first one kicks Acelian in the face. And the second one pulls out a needle and sticks it in my neck, giving me no time to react. And in a few seconds, everything around me has doubled, until darkness engulfs me.

Coming to my senses, I feel something wet and sticky around me, I slowly open my eyes, feeling a movement as brutal as a car. I'm not surprised whatever sedative they injected in me wore off. My father used to inject more in me. I look up and I see the roof of a van. Fuck. I stay still, not wanting to alert my abductors. My head is pounding like a 4/4 kick drum, and my limbs are sore and like jelly.

After an hour of getting brutally thrown around by the car on the rocky roads, the car finally stops. The door opens with a big sound, and I'm getting thrown over a shoulder. I fake being asleep, as they haul me wherever. We enter an old building, and after a little navigation, I get thrown on the floor. I would have preferred a softer landing, but it's whatever.

"We leave her here until the boss says what she wants to do with her." Bitch, I'm not going to stick around long enough for that.

"I'll stay to watch her" A nasal voice speaks up. Ew.

"No, we all must leave. And we all know it's so you can rape her. Sick bastard" The man groans, and a few seconds later, I hear the metal door slam. I come out of my position, and feel around my hair, for my Kanzashi, my hair stick pin hoping it didn't get lost. And when I think about it, I yank it out of my hair aggressively. Ouch, that hurt. I press on the pearl on top, to warn Chiara. I don't think that the tracker in me will be enough. I put the pin back in my hair, the same way it was before, and I curl back in my position.