XXXVI. "It's all your fault!"

"I'm not going to New York with him, Atreus! And that's final!" I see my brother let out a sigh of frustration on FaceTime

"Axar, He's going to the same event, with someone else. He's just going to ride with us. Calm down." From the corner of the camera, I see Siobhàn entering his office, with her face splattered with blood.

"Love, you should know better than to tell a woman to calm down" My brother, not expecting the intrusion, turns around briskly, only to find out that Sio is licking her bloody knife. I told you she was crazy-

"You owe me for this, Atreus. And when are we getting the chip embedded in me again?" All our crew has a chip implanted in them, but I'm the one with the oldest model.

"This afternoon, at the base. Don't be late".

"Yeah, yeah. Got to go, big bro" I hang up on him and make my way downstairs, and into my car. I need to go back to the house to get some documents validated.

As I approach my car, I notice a little paper on the windshield. I pull out my gun discreetly, careful to grab unnecessary attention. I approach the car and hastily pull the note out.

You are truly a beautiful thing. Shame you have to be so stubborn.

L.V

I'm still asking myself what the note means when I hear a faint ticking sound. My eyes widen when I realize that it's a bomb, waiting to go off, and I run towards the building, as my car explodes in a million little pieces. I stare at my now flaming car, in disbelief, baffled at how someone could be dumb to make an attempt on my life in the open like that. I hear the faint clack of heels, and the sliding of a door, and I feel myself being helped up. I shouldn't be shocked by this, I'm a mafia boss, for fuck's sake.

"Oh blimey, are you okay? I'll call your father immediately." Before lunging for her phone, Bea quickly gives me a once-over, but I stop her. "No. I'll take my motorbike home, don't call him. Call a cleanup crew instead." I chuck the note in my bag and head to the underground garage. I grab my bike and zoom out of the driveway. Whoever planted that bomb, will suffer at my hands.

I finally drive through the driveway and drive my bike to the garage. I storm through the house, livid. The whole house is sitting at the table, eating breakfast. Acelian notices my dishevelled state and stands up abruptly.

"What happened?" I run up to him and punch him square in the jaw. This is the payback I get for letting my guard down. I should have never done anything other than meeting the two dons. I should have just met them both and come back in London. But now, they've seen me with him, and they think I'm weak. Helpless.

"It's all your fucking fault!" I keep lunging at him, and I kick the back of his knees, which makes him fall back, and I throw myself at him, and throw punch after punch. He narrowly dodges them, but I still land a few.

"What did he do, Axar?" I hear Chiara's voice. It's not enough to make me stop, so through gritted teeth, I answer her. "They saw me with him, and not they think I'm weak. They tried to bomb me!" Acelian's strong hands grasp my wrists and looks at be in bewilderment.

"They openly tried to kill you?"

"Yeah, and the left a note on the windshield" I push myself off the bastard and fished the note out of my bag. Chiara took it out of my hands, while I composed myself, still angry. I could have led my mafia by myself, without the help of a man, but he just had to go fuck up this. He stands up, with a bloody nose, and he's holding his rib cage. Good.

"I'll get that looked at, but you need to calm down. We already knew that we had someone coming for us."

"Yeah, but they weren't dumb enough to have a sniper on the roof" My phone buzzes in my pocket and when I pull it out, I almost faint.

Bea 🤍

Hey, I called the cleanup crew, but there was a sniper on the roof. He got away on a motorbike, but we got the license plate. I sent it to Miss Chiara already.

"There was a sniper on the roof. That's fucking it. The meeting room, in 30 minutes" Acelian tries to protest, but I shove him to the side, and march up the stairs. My heart can't be controlling my actions. I need to get my head in the game.

I get in my room, and I get cleaned up. I have Acelian's blood all over my hands, and I still have a few glass shard in my hair from the explosion. I take my tweezers, and start to pluck each piece of glass out, while simultaneously thinking about a plan. I need to lure him into my hands, but I must know who I'm luring in first. I finish washing my hands and walk to the closet. My dress ripped from the explosion and the little squabble with Acelian, so now I have to change. I decide to change into an illusion top, with black sweats, and a black jacket. I slide on my black boots and walk out.

"Okay then, that doesn't mean that you get to do that" I go down the steps faster to hopefully catch the conversation

"But I'm trying my best-" "What's going on here?" I interrupt the argument, only to find out that it's Kourtney and Vianello. Typical.

"We don't have time for this, with the Italians on our tails. The meeting room, now." They all file out of the living room, and I walk behind them. After a few minutes, we talk about the plan I had, and we all agree. The Italians own a club in New York. And we're going to New York in the span of two days. And now we're thinking of ways to stop the attacks without getting killed.

"We're going to New York tonight, then"

-------------------------------------------------

Decent chapter, i guess. I hope y'all are ready for the next one.

Comment

Share

Vote

And see you in the next one.