XLII. "Katalina Cartier!"

"Katalina Cartier!" I yell in anger

"Katalina Cartier!" I yell in anger. She bursts through the door, her hair in a dishevelled state. "What" She glares at me, but I'm too focused on my phone to see it. It's been a few days since we came back from New York, and I've been working nonstop trying to find something on the Italians. My period ended yesterday, and today was a productive day until I got this text.

"I think I got the mole"

"Show me" She stalks over to me, and I show her my phone. It's the visible proof that someone has been stealing from us. Plus, it contains a picture of the person.

"Tell Sio to take care of him tonight-"

"I got something, boss!" Both our heads turn to Chiara, in the door frame. We both rise from our positions and follow her to the meeting room. Siobhàn hears her yelp of joy, so she's coming too.

"I got sent an email from an encrypted email address, and I'm decrypting it right now. But the e-mail said to meet you at the London bridge, tonight."

"From whom was it? And how do we know?"

"The Italians, and we know, because of this tattoo. I analyzed it in our members' database, and a man, that switched from the Italians to the English had their seal on the back of his ear. The same seal that you found on the letter, on the day of the explosion".

"What time?"

"Tonight, 9 pm"

"Okay, let me see a picture of the guy that switched to our mafia" She projects his picture on the screen, and I smirk. It's the same guy that's been stealing from us.

"Fuck. Sio, he's your target for the night. When you're done you meet us close to the London bridge. I want you to have a visual, all while not being noticeable. You have an hour. Kat, get ready and call for backup. I'll go inform the rest." The girls bow their heads and walk out. I see from the corner of my eye, Chiara typing furiously, and running a hand through her messy hair.

"What's wrong, Chi?"

"I'm just scared."

"For me?" I know I shouldn't press, but I need her to be on top of her game if I'm meeting the Italians tonight.

"Yeah, but I'm even more scared. Ivy said that they were sending her somewhere where there were political troubles and chatter of war. I don't want to come home one day with her military service handing me my girlfriend's chain" She starts crying, and I take a seat next to her, rubbing her back in circular motions.

"You have to understand, that Ivy has dedicated her life to the Korean military service, and that there is a slim possibility that she might not come back home. But it's almost the same for us. Every day, we go out and deal with mafia members, not knowing if it's our last day. Don't be worried. I know that her not telling you where she's going is making you go crazy, but it's the law. You could get arrested for hacking into their system and trying to find her. I'm sure that she'll call you as soon as she can."