XIX. "Thank you"

A/N: Please play the song when it's time

A/N: Please play the song when it's time. Also, this is a cover and the original is sung by a man. #welovewomen.

"Please welcome the new donna of the English mafia, with the don of the American mafia, Axar D'Alarie, and Acelian Armani!" The MC yells through the mic, as we come in. We're both entering hand-looped around each other, and as much as I hate this position, it makes me feel safe. Invincible. Like I can rule the world, with my bloody enemy by my side.

I immediately walk over to the crowd, who's already swarming me with congrats. I start talking to a few forcibly, and all I see is fake thanks, and 'I could treat you better than he does's all night. Like, you're not Shawn Mendes. Get over it. Reluctantly, I walk over to my parents, who have been calling me over, for the past hour.

"It's time, you're going on stage with Acelian." She ushers me and Acelian to the back and leads us to a balcony-looking stage. I loop my hand around him, and we make our way. I grab the mic and clear my throat.

"Thank you all for coming here tonight, to celebrate this huge milestone, for the English mafia. I and my partner, came up here to wish you all prosperity and good luck in your businesses. Without further ado, have a great night." I give a small smile and start walking off the stage, but Acelian holds me back. You see if I had just walked a little further...

"Wait. I wanted to say something in front of everyone here because I don't think I'll get another chance. Axar, you are the bane of my existence. You're the reason I get up in the morning, the reason I kill, and the reason I smile. We've been together for a while, and I don't think there's going to be another moment when I'll be able to confess my eternal love in front of the most powerful families in the world. So, I'll take a risk." He pulls the ring out of his back pocket, and I gasp. I thought mother would give me a godawful ring, but it's beautiful.

"Will you marry me" I fake tears coming out of my eyes and nod my head vigorously. He smiles, and lord, the bad boy got dimples. He slides the beautiful ring on my finger, and we get off the stage. I look down at my hand and smile. The band is gold, and there are a few leaf branches in diamond, surrounding the black stone.

 The band is gold, and there are a few leaf branches in diamond, surrounding the black stone